Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Mags

Sarge

Well, it looks like I am a new G34 owner. I picked one up from Bud's for $510 delivered. Anybody know if the Glock mags @CDNN and Botach are factory mags? Just wondering since they are only $20.

More questions to follow to be sure!

Welcome to the club Kevin! Do a search on Botach before buying from them (trust me).

Also, feel free to borrow my mags during the interim.

Botach seems to be getting stuff out the door now. I've ordered mags from them in the last 6-8mos and a bunch of other folks did as well (an M&P thread on mags) with no problems. Still, I'd probably go with CDNN if I really needed mags on a deadline, just to be safe. R,

Follow up questions

I am reading as much as I can find on Glocks and Mags. I am slowly getting the FML and DF stuff figured out. But I see some places mentioning, "not LEO marked", or words to that effect. I bought my gun from Budspolicesupply and it comes with three Mags. Are they going to different somehow? Will they be suitable for me or will I end up replacing them? Just not sure what the LEO significance might be.

Thanks, Kevin

Follow up questions

I am reading as much as I can find on Glocks and Mags. I am slowly getting the FML and DF stuff figured out. But I see some places mentioning, "not LEO marked", or words to that effect. I bought my gun from Budspolicesupply and it comes with three Mags. Are they going to different somehow? Will they be suitable for me or will I end up replacing them? Just not sure what the LEO significance might be.

Thanks, Kevin

The LEO Only marked mags were sold while the AWB was in force. They marked them so that they couldn't be sold to civilians. After the sunset of the AWB there were a lot of LEO Only marked mags sold at attractive prices so they could move product and get the new mags in. If you get some of those, they should work fine, but earlier versions weren't always drop-free.

If you go through OMB, CDNN or Botach you'll get the new mags that also have the cutout in front and those are the newest generation (work perfectly in any older gun from what i've seen). R,

The mags you get with the gun should be FML / Drop Free. If they're not, I would be really surprised.

Kevin, if you need some mags to borrow I've got about 20. :rolleyes: I can bring some next Monday if you wish. Did you get your gun yet?

Nah! It won't ship until the 28th. I am going to strip the M&P and clean it and bring some factory ammo plus some hotter reloads to see how it does.

Guys, please keep the "Are you going to be at the match this Saturday" back-and-forth confined to PMs and off the board. It just slows down the thread, and clogs it with stuff that does not serve anyone but the two people having the conversation on other people's time. Thanks.

Botach says they won't ship >10 round mags to Ohio.

I've had great service from CDNN on the handful of orders I've done through them (none recent).

Those mags on CDNN look to be Glock brand. They show the brand/logo on those, and don't on the ones they call "Asian".

• 3 weeks later...
Just wondering since they are only $20.

One of the very nice things about the Glock is that top quality factory mags aren't terribly expensive. Every time I find myself in the neighborhood of LEED (Law Enforcement Equipment Disposal, a local LEO equipment store - and yes, they sell to non-LEOs - like me!) with an extra 20 bucks in my pocket I just can't stop myself from dropping in to buy another G17/34 mag. :lol: