Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FN-SLP carrier

1chota

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got my modified carrier back from Jeff this week. Work is very nice, looks factory made. Much improved loading and no fear of pickle forking my thumb, one less thing to worry about.

Thanks Jeff!

Edited by Sumtoc

Just take a dremel wheel and cut off the prongs....much easier and cheaper.

Does cutting off the prongs cause any problems with reliability?

No, It causes no problems,and for the price of a 6pack and a Dremel you can come out much cheaper than welding it. :cheers:

Kinda....it speeds them up by not letting your thumb get stuck in the load port. If your thumb gets pierced and stuck....reloads become very slow.

Blood isn't a lubricant for shot shells. Damn! I've been doing it all wrong. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Just take a dremel wheel and cut off the prongs....much easier and cheaper.

Does cutting off the prongs cause any problems with reliability?

No, It causes no problems,and for the price of a 6pack and a Dremel you can come out much cheaper than welding it. :cheers:

Thank you much. I think I'm gonna go that route.

Guys cutting off the prongs does the opposite of what you are thinking. It actually creates a larger space for your thumb to slip into and get stuck. The object is to reduce the space to prevent your thumb from slipping in between the loading gate and getting stuck. Hope this helps.

Guys cutting off the prongs does the opposite of what you are thinking. It actually creates a larger space for your thumb to slip into and get stuck. The object is to reduce the space to prevent your thumb from slipping in between the loading gate and getting stuck. Hope this helps.

Yeah, that was what I was thinking too. With the carrier mod by Jeff I cannot get any part of any finger trapped/pinched, just won't fit.....

Just sent out my carrier today to Jeff. With the first match coming up in 4 weeks, it'll come in reallllll handy. I've gotten two really good thumb traps so far where I thought I was gonna break it. I've been kind scetchy as a result, this will go a long way at easing my reloads.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my carrier back from Jeff today. It does look awesome, but I can't figure out how to get the carrier back on the right way. I thought I was paying attention when I took it apart, but evidently not good enough.

My problem is with the spring and rod that goes on the left rear of the carrier. I've only found one picture of a Browning Gold online, but it's not very detailed.

If anyone has (or could take) a detailed picture of the side of the carrier with the spring, that would be a huge help.

Thanks.