Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPMS Tri-Gun Challenge

Redneck tactical will be there, Trapr and Kurt, plus friends.

any thought on bolt guns or rimfire rifles to make it 3 guns?????

Trapr

I like this idea....especially the rimfire!

Craig

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe a couple stages with dif guns, say a bolt action 700 with a target at 100 yds must be engaged before getting up and running to get your shotgun and moving along the COF. 2 or 3 setups with dif guns that everybody has to use would be a fun addition. could even do something with a large knife as well. just new things to mix it up if we can only shoot 2 guns

Edited by Corey

maybe a couple stages with dif guns, say a bolt action 700 with a target at 100 yds must be engaged before getting up and running to get your shotgun and moving along the COF. 2 or 3 setups with dif guns that everybody has to use would be a fun addition. could even do something with a large knife as well. just new things to mix it up if we can only shoot 2 guns

I personally dislike "match guns" and would rather just shoot the two guns, but that's just me. If we could bring our personal bolt gun or whatnot that would be fine by me, but not a fan of having to trust somebody else's gun. With my awesome luck there would be three stages with match guns and I would do super awesome on those stages, but they all get thrown out because half way through day two blah-blah-blah breaks on the what-have-you and the gun will no longer work.

I personally dislike "match guns" and would rather just shoot the two guns, but that's just me. If we could bring our personal bolt gun or whatnot that would be fine by me, but not a fan of having to trust somebody else's gun. With my awesome luck there would be three stages with match guns and I would do super awesome on those stages, but they all get thrown out because half way through day two blah-blah-blah breaks on the what-have-you and the gun will no longer work.

I agree on bring your own. Had some recent bad luck with match guns. I prefer if something

doesn't work, I can blame myself.

Why I like the .22 suggestion. Everyone has or can get an AR conversion or a Ruger 10/22.

All my bolt guns are hunting rifles. Although for how they would be used, they would work

fine.

Craig

Edited by spd522

+1 "match guns" have screwed me before! :angry2:

Lea, Could you tell us who is "conditionally" in the match so we can make plans and buy airline tickets??

That is something I can do! Look for a list of the "conditional" shooters to be posted on the Tri-Gun Challenge website no later than this Friday. Considering the resounding response of "Yes I will still come" I plan to start charging credit cards (and cashing checks) next week. I also plan on posting a preliminary round count along with some additional info regarding the use of .22's. I have established the St. Cloud Radisson as the match hotel and will add that info to the web along with the rest.

Thanks for the patience....

Lea

I would no on the use of another long gun (.22 rifle etc). Not that I don't like shooting them but it is trouble enough to fly with rifle and shotgun. To add another long gun will be a pain.

I would no on the use of another long gun (.22 rifle etc). Not that I don't like shooting them but it is trouble enough to fly with rifle and shotgun. To add another long gun will be a pain.

I will bring one for you, .... I may even bring a -Good- one

Huckleberry

Oh if I have to, I will have a good one there believe me! :cheers:

Kelly, you know you can always ship your firearms in and so as not to be bothered at the airport... Regarding the .22rf, you can bring your own, or if you prefer, you can use the ones provided on the stage....The .22rf configuration will not determine what division you are in and can have optics on it. Know where it hits at longer distances....

Lea, Could you tell us who is "conditionally" in the match so we can make plans and buy airline tickets??

That is something I can do! Look for a list of the "conditional" shooters to be posted on the Tri-Gun Challenge website no later than this Friday. Considering the resounding response of "Yes I will still come" I plan to start charging credit cards (and cashing checks) next week. I also plan on posting a preliminary round count along with some additional info regarding the use of .22's. I have established the St. Cloud Radisson as the match hotel and will add that info to the web along with the rest.

Thanks for the patience....

Lea

"Conditional" shooters list has been posted to the Tri-Gun Challenge website, as a PDF file. Round count is there as well, along with a little tidbit of info concerning the 22rf....Stay tuned for the hotel info, they didn't send it to me this week like I had requested, but I should have it next week. I highly recommend staying at the match hotel, not only are the accommodations very nice with plenty of room for your gear, but it's right next door to the Red Carpet! Talk about convenient.... Stay tuned for more info and have a very happy, and safe, 4th of July weekend!

Lea

cool.gif Cool Im in

I'll see ya there :)

Theres a mention of .22rf actually happening. either bring your own or use the provided one. What are we doing in the way of rimfire? pistol? rifle? scoped or not? ar conversion kit? Anyone know?? :unsure:

Edited by Corey

The Grandstay was almost across the street from the Radisson, and in the past they would offer a discount to Tri-Gun competitors. It had really nice facilities.

No rooms at Radisson!

Okay.....did you call or did you try to reserve online? I have setup a block of rooms for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. I know there are rooms available per my conversation with the director of sales. There is also a special rate in place for competitors, typically the special rate/block is under Tri-Gun Challenge, and I suggest calling directly to the St. Cloud Radisson to make your reservations. If you continue to have issues I'll talk to them again next week.

Lea