Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 USPSA Area 8 Championship-Aug 26-29, 2010

This was an excellent match next year and I will definately be on the lookout and will be attending this match!!!!

It's cool of you to come back from the future :) and tell us about it-I am definitely looking forward to it!

Hey Alan, was there any cash payout for the 09' A8 match. I usually see something in the mail by now. OH one other thing I wasnt able to stay all the way through for the prize table. I saw that you were pulling items for people not present. I wasnt sure how you were sending that stuff out. I guess what Im asking is did you pick a random prize out for me and if so how would I receive it. Thanks H!

Harry,

First, there was no schedule for a cash payout. This was in accordance with the TechWear USA 2009 Area 8 Championship prize policy that was posted on the website.

As far as the prize table, if the competitor was not there when their name was called, the remaining competitors were asked if someone that knew the competitor would pick out a prize for them. If no one came forward we were setting aside prizes other than the certificates that were for less than a $100 for the competitor that was not there. All prizes that we held for the competitors that were not at the prize table have been sent out. I do not recall if anyone local to you grabbed a prize for you.

Alan

This was an excellent match next year and I will definately be on the lookout and will be attending this match!!!!

+1 Well worth the 712 mile drive down.. Great stages, well run, great staff.

Famous Dave's just down the street a bit was a nice finish after the match too!

To all the shooters who are already emailing me, I will not be a member of the staff at the 2010 Area 8. I will miss seeing all my friends, but have other plans for that time. Best of luck to everyone.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Alan,

I do expect to be there. In fact I will bring a new fresh pen so I can sign autographs for all my admirers.

I am just not sure which day I'll be shooting this year. Might try to get out a day early and shoot Friday. Makes for a longer vacation that way. We shall see.

Do let us know when to expect the apps. I'd hate to miss out really.

Fredricksburg has done some really nice improvements to the range, especially adding the two new bays. Now if the weatherman will cooperate...

Jim

• 3 months later...

Shooting the Area 8 on my birthday sounds like a great way to turn 40. One question....Is the t-shirt a Techwear t-shirt? I need a new one to replace the other 2. Still have to look and see if I can get the time off from work but it sounds like I'm going to be there.