Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Inside of a Can-O-Whoopass

Nemo

• 2 weeks later...
Obviously theres something wrong with that picture, theres too much room and no ones puking. I'm an old school C-130/141 guy, and a few 123's and Caribou.

I was thinkin' the same thing. No where near that much leg room in a C-123 or C-130. Must be one of those new fangled C-117's I keep hearin' about.

And yes, when that thing's opened, someone is definitely in for an Ass Whoopin'.....

Obviously theres something wrong with that picture, theres too much room and no ones puking. I'm an old school C-130/141 guy, and a few 123's and Caribou.

I was thinkin' the same thing. No where near that much leg room in a C-123 or C-130. Must be one of those new fangled C-117's I keep hearin' about.

And yes, when that thing's opened, someone is definitely in for an Ass Whoopin'.....

Hey, don't talk about the c-117, that's classified ;)

Later,

Chuck

http://boeing.com/companyoffices/gallery/i.../c17photos.html

A C-141 is not old school, try a C-119 where there's daylight around the cargo door in the floor. The flight was Ft Campbell to Key West NAS for 1958 Armed Forces Day demo. The CS Lt wouldn't let us jump because what wasn't runway was coral rock and he was worried about the equipment.

My daughter sent me a copy of the picture and the cargo deck does not look like the C-5 I saw at McChord AFB so it is probably one of the 82 Airborne's C-117's