Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Single Stack Nationals

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome match as always at Barry. These folks know how to put on a shootin' match and this wasn't their first rodeo.

No BS, no roller coasters, no 32 round squirt fests. Straight up who is the best shooter kind of match; if you think you got what it takes....bring it. Unfortunately it wasn't me but once I saw the competition signed up I figured I would be happy with a top 10 in that crowd. I'm pretty sure that is the highest caliber and volume of top competitors at one match in one division that I have seen.

It's always good to get back to Barry....and for once we had good weather for the Single Stack. Yeah, the gnats were a little annoying but I'll take that over washing mags out in the mud puddle between stages as I've done more than once there. Plus I wore shorts both days....pretty sure I've never done that at that match either.

Excellent job crew......Thanks!

Smitty

I don't really have a whole lot to add it that... +1000!

Best line of the match from the chrono guy to my buddy who was shooting .40, after shooting 6 rounds, "You want me to weigh the bullet to see if it's 300 grains or shoot it and see if it's running 1500? :roflol:

Probably wouldn't have been quite so funny if he was talking to me.... :devil:

Thanks Bill !!! By the way pay backs are you knwo what. Besides you mean you don't shoot 300 grain .40's

This is to cool. Tori Nonaka top Junior at the Single Stack.

Watching the video I noticed she seems to shoot with her 1911 slightly chanted towards her weak hand or at least it looked that way to me.

Watching the video I noticed she seems to shoot with her 1911 slightly chanted towards her weak hand or at least it looked that way to me.

Maybe or it could be the camera angle that is on her glasses right side

Maybe or it could be the camera angle that is on her glasses right side

Maybe, but it seems her sights are chanted in relationship to the targets. She can shoot though so it works for her. :cheers:

The 2011 USPSA Single Stack Nationals / Springfield Armory 1911 Single Stack Classic

Match Dates: May 13 & 14 2011 (Thursday May 12 may be added if needed)

Format: 1 day of shooting

Number Of Stages: 13 - 16

Number of Rounds: Estimated 250

I will update as information becomes avalible

Russell

The 2011 USPSA Single Stack Nationals / Springfield Armory 1911 Single Stack Classic

Russell

Cool! On my birthday (May 13). My wife CAN'T POSSIBLY say I can't go now. That is all I want for my birthday... Oh, this is SOOOOO good.

This means I won't have to choose between Mint Juleps on Derby Day and the SSC.

No two day format next year? I liked that format.

Course, I also like my avatar. Doesn't meant I'm going to get it.

Yeah we are going back to the original format. One full day of shooting. I think everyone will love it.

Russell

Yeah we are going back to the original format. One full day of shooting. I think everyone will love it.

Russell

I really enjoyed the 2 day format. I will be sorry to see it go.

Russell

I'M THERE!!!! :cheers:

You can have a pink framed gun if you really want it...

Put me down as one of the guys who likes a 1 day format. Less time off work, less money spent on travel.

But I'll shoot this match next year regardless of the schedule. This year was my first match and I had a ball. (It probably helps that I shot the best match of my life.)

Russell

I love shooting, that is why I would vote for shooting on two days!

That would mean that I would drive 12 hours to shoot one day. Then drive back the next day 12 hours.

I like shooting guns, which means that shooting 2 days is more fun for me than 1 day. Also, you won't get sore feet from being in cleats for 8+ hours and you don't get tired going into the last 3 or 4 stages. If you shoot bad on that day, you can wake up to a new day and shoot better on the second day. Some people have great one day matches, but shooting two days gives you an average, which is better for who the better overall shooter is. Just my 2cents.

My 2 cents...I like the two day format. More time to spend with friends I don't get to see often.

-Bill

So the ticket now will be to shoot one day and hang out/watch/visit one day. My strategy will be to shoot day one and then buy drinks at the bar for all teh guys shooting day 2!