Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Single Stack Nationals

The registrations form is on the website (1911ssc.org). We will accept registration that is postmarked on or after December 9, 2009. You should be able to also get it from the USPSA website after the 9th and I will attempt to attach a copy on this forum that you can print off.

Edited by bdavis385

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine printed out and fille din but how would one go about finding out about staff? I would like to RO if possible any one know who to contact about it?

Thanks

That would be me. The only thing is right now I'm waiting to see how many return Staff we have. If I need addional help I will let you know.

Thanks,

Russell Cluver

You can now also go the USPSA website and link to the 1911ssc.org and get a Registration Form. They are now being accepted.

Mine went in the mail this afternoon. Hope the weather's better this year!

You can now also go the USPSA website and link to the 1911ssc.org and get a Registration Form. They are now being accepted.

Mine went in the mail this afternoon. Hope the weather's better this year!

Yup I sent in 3 today as well! See everybody there! :cheers:

Well, I've decided to go this year since it has been on my list of matches to go to for the past couple of years.

Can any of you tell me what they use to weigh your gun at the nats? I want to be sure to be under the 43oz limit.

I'm wanting to change this aluminum S&A magwell to a Dawson Ice, but I'm afraid since they only offer a steel MSH that I might get too heavy. I'm at 41oz now but I'm using a digital trigger pull gauge.

Thanks,

Tim

post-5211-1260987735_thumb.jpg

Can any of you tell me what they use to weigh your gun at the nats? I want to be sure to be under the 43oz limit.

A gram is a gram is a gram. If you check your gun's weight on a properly zero'd scale you should be able to go at 42.9 and feel confident.

FWIW, since I didn't have a scale handy that would weigh that much, I had a local narc stop by and we weighed the gun on his portable electronic scale. Zero'd it with a test weight, and it showed 42.7. At Barry, it weighed 42.7. Of course, my gun probably tests positive for methamphetamine residue now, but they don't check for that at the SSN.

BB

A gram is a gram is a gram. If you check your gun's weight on a properly zero'd scale you should be able to go at 42.9 and feel confident.

FWIW, since I didn't have a scale handy that would weigh that much, I had a local narc stop by and we weighed the gun on his portable electronic scale. Zero'd it with a test weight, and it showed 42.7. At Barry, it weighed 42.7. Of course, my gun probably tests positive for methamphetamine residue now, but they don't check for that at the SSN.

BB

So, what your saying is there is no deviation due to the cooler temperatures or lower elevations in Barry?

:roflol:

Edited by Zerwas

BB

So, what your saying is there is no deviation due to the cooler temperatures or lower elevations in Barry?

If there's a deviation, it ain't due to altitude or temperature!

BB

If there's a deviation, it ain't due to altitude or temperature!

There could be a change in gravity in Barry IL! :surprise:

BB

That's funny.

I was just worried about scale inconstancies. Lord knows I've seen some whacky things with chronos.

Edited by tpcdvc

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a couple calls on this. Yes we will be weighing the guns and they must fit in the box with a empty mag.

Double check your equipment before you get to the match. I would hate to see anyone be moved into Open Division and just be shooting for fun not score.

I wish I could join you guys there but I don't see it happening. $200 on a college student budget is unfeasible, I suspect.

That's what student loans and/or parents are for.

The USPSA Single Stack Nationals is the most reasonable USPSA Nationals to attend as far as cost and time is concerned.

16-18 stages shot in a day and a half. So one or two nights in a motel. PASA / Quincy IL is a central location and drivable for most of the country. Can't say that for Vegas or anything west of the Rockies. Plus it's a quality match at a great range! What more could you ask for?

Plus right now at the first of the year it's the only USPSA Nationals that you know where and when it will be held! :devil:

Edited by Supershooter