Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

There perfect 3 gun upper (not optics)

Alan Adamson

Ok, so optics aside....

Is there such a thing as the *perfect* upper for 3gun? And if so, what are it's components. I'm looking for good accuracy, and low weight, with excellent function.

Thanks in advance,

Alan

BTW, I had been offered this recommendation

Larue upper

17" noveske barrel ionbonded

PRI low profile gas block

PRI carbon competition forearm

PRI gas buster charging handle

Young Ultra light NM BCG - ionbonded

SJC Titan comp

Yes, I know the ionbond isn't required for function or accuracy, but hey, I want the thing to last and look nice :)

Alan

This is hard to beat for 3Gun too, it is what I prefer.

http://shootersconnectionstore.com/JP-CTR-...pper-P1052.aspx

Thanks, I looked at those as a complete gun, will a JP CTR-02 upper fit a regular Milspec lower, in this case a RR?

Alan

Yes, bolts right up. For best results with a lightened carrier, use a JP hammer.

Alan,

What is perfect for one is not perfect for another. You can't go wrong with JP for sure, I shoot a JP 15 and love it. Of course a DPMS, LaRue and others are nice too and they support our sport to the hilt! I love the PRI charging handle and put one on my JP but I like the adjustable JP gas block the best.

18 inch barrel is my desired length (for all but Tactical Iron which I have a 20 inch)

SJC break is great

Lightened BCG like the JP

Ionbonded upper reciever, Bolt and BCG is my suggestion too!

Just my .02 anyhow

RLTW,

Scott

There's perfect on an unlimited budget, perfect for a modest price range, and perfect for a budget. You can get good products at each level but they won't be the same.

For example, DPMS has a very nice little kit gun that could make a great start for someone on a budget, but it's not going to compare to a top of the line JP.

Firebird FPX milspec receiver, lightened carrier, leitner-wise bolt, lothar-walthar 18" 1:8" stainless barrel with a profile of 0.750", rifle length gas system, Firebird adj gas block, Firebird free float hand guard, steel charging handle, Rolling Thunder comp.

Combination of the Firebird adj gas block, the lightened carrier and the Rolling Thunder brake allows you to tune your gun to your specific load.

Firebird FPX milspec receiver, lightened carrier, leitner-wise bolt, lothar-walthar 18" 1:8" stainless barrel with a profile of 0.750", rifle length gas system, Firebird adj gas block, Firebird free float hand guard, steel charging handle, Rolling Thunder comp.

Combination of the Firebird adj gas block, the lightened carrier and the Rolling Thunder brake allows you to tune your gun to your specific load.

I continue to see this *firebird* product discussed, but short of the limited info on the benos vendor section, where/how do you find out more about it?

Alan

how does one purches some thing like this and how much? please send me some info. Thanks.

how does one purches some thing like this and how much? please send me some info. Thanks.

Call Jim Lambert. Check in the vendor section of the forum. Talk to Jim tell him what you want and he will put it together for you. Jim is a competitor so he knows what works. His stuff is hard to beat and he and Nanci are great folks.

There is no one size fits all answer to this question

The Perfect gun for one person may not be perfect for another.

I see folks shooting 16'' up to 24'' barrels...light guns, heavy guns :rolleyes:

The shooter needs to decide what configuration works best for their individual needs.

Advise is one thing....shooting several different styles of gun can be a better way to decide.

In any case, select quality parts and build it right.

Jim

post='1106759' date='Dec 4 2009, 03:25 PM']Firebird FPX milspec receiver, lightened carrier, leitner-wise bolt, lothar-walthar 18" 1:8" stainless barrel with a profile of 0.750", rifle length gas system, Firebird adj gas block, Firebird free float hand guard, steel charging handle, Rolling Thunder comp.

Call Jim Lambert. Check in the vendor section of the forum. Talk to Jim tell him what you want and he will put it together for you. Jim is a competitor so he knows what works. His stuff is hard to beat and he and Nanci are great folks.

the setup above sounds perfect.