Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 Load Data Needed

whatsupglock

I purchased a Glock 34 for IDPA/Steel Challenge/IPSC/USPSA. 9mm ammo is sparse to say the least where I live, so I am in the beginning stages of reloading. I will be loading on a Dillon 550. Probably try to load between 125,000 to 130,000 power factor.

I'm looking hard at Montana Gold 115 fmj, 124 fmj, 124 jhp, and 147 jhp. I'm also considering Zero bullets, but I'm leaning more towards Montana Gold. Powders...I'm open to here what people are using and the results they're getting.

Any load data regarding these bullets would be greatly appreciated. Especially if you are or have shot the loads through a g34 and chronographed. Specifics are welcomed and encouraged. Thanks in advance.

Any g34 load data would be welcome.

I purchased a Glock 34 for IDPA/Steel Challenge/IPSC/USPSA. 9mm ammo is sparse to say the least where I live, so I am in the beginning stages of reloading. I will be loading on a Dillon 550. Probably try to load between 125,000 to 130,000 power factor.

I'm looking hard at Montana Gold 115 fmj, 124 fmj, 124 jhp, and 147 jhp. I'm also considering Zero bullets, but I'm leaning more towards Montana Gold. Powders...I'm open to here what people are using and the results they're getting.

Any load data regarding these bullets would be greatly appreciated. Especially if you are or have shot the loads through a g34 and chronographed. Specifics are welcomed and encouraged. Thanks in advance.

Any g34 load data would be welcome.

your best bet is to use the search function on the top right of the page, every thing you are looking for is already here, if you search. Oh by the way welcome to the forums.

Edited by rupie

Here's what I'm running out of my G34 right now:

124gr FMJ

4.6gr. Universal Clays

1.135 OAL

That gets about 133 PF, if I recall. It seems to shoot really flat out of my gun. A little snappy maybe, but I never have trouble knocking poppers over. I don't think UC is real popular for 9mm, but I had a bunch left over from when I used to shoot in Limited.

Search is your friend, for sure, but here's something to get you started.

Zero 147 gr JHP and just under 3.3 grains of Titegroup for a PF of around 135-8 out of my G34. COL varies depending on the brass, but my set up goal is for 1.111 - 1.113 with Winchester brass.

Heavier bullets offer more of a "push" recoil than a "snap", making it easier for me to regain the sight picture faster. Some people like the opposite approach. I actually try to set up for a 10-powder-throw average of 3.27-8 grains before starting loading for real on my 550B, so I try to load for just a tad under 3.3 grains. I've found this load chronos very consistently at matches, whether hot and humid or cold and dry, FWIW, and works the gun very well with an ISMI 13# spring. If I go much lighter than this on powder, I find the gun a little sluggish and may risk an occasional stovepipe from a lighter powder drop, so I stick with this.

As always, YMMV, but this works very well for me.

Curtis

Search is your friend, for sure, but here's something to get you started.

Zero 147 gr JHP and just under 3.3 grains of Titegroup for a PF of around 135-8 out of my G34. COL varies depending on the brass, but my set up goal is for 1.111 - 1.113 with Winchester brass.

Heavier bullets offer more of a "push" recoil than a "snap", making it easier for me to regain the sight picture faster. Some people like the opposite approach. I actually try to set up for a 10-powder-throw average of 3.27-8 grains before starting loading for real on my 550B, so I try to load for just a tad under 3.3 grains. I've found this load chronos very consistently at matches, whether hot and humid or cold and dry, FWIW, and works the gun very well with an ISMI 13# spring. If I go much lighter than this on powder, I find the gun a little sluggish and may risk an occasional stovepipe from a lighter powder drop, so I stick with this.

As always, YMMV, but this works very well for me.

Curtis

+1

MG 124gr JHP

4.0 Titegroup

1.135 OAL..

135PF in G34

131PF in G17 backup

With a 13lb ISMI spring the gun cycles quick and predictable

I didn't like the 147 push since I got use to the snap from Limited. Tried CMJ's and I'd highly recommend avoiding those as at least two people have seen some weird accuracy issues past 30-40 yds. At least three other guys locally run this load (2 G34, 1 G17, 1 M&P 9L). The variation in FPS is usually single digits / low teens and it's powerful enough to cycle the guns reliably even with stock springs.

125 gr Zero FMJ, 4.2 gr VV N320, 1.100" OCL, Winchester Small Pistol primers. The PF is about 133+ out of my G34 with a BarSto barrel, slightly less out of my G17 with a KKM barrel. I like the snappier feeling of the 125 grain bullets compared to the 147's because of my other experience in Limited and Open.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So...I decided on 1.135 OAL. The low end of 4.0 grains of Titegroup. 0.3760 crimp. 124 gr Montana Gold JHP. CCI primers.

Shoots soft and sweet, sweet, sweet! Put 200 rounds through with zero failures. Shot 6 rounds at an 8 inch paper plate at 25 yards with two hand grip with no support and had six hits in the 8 inch plate. I think that load will work just fine!

The load also works with both a 13 lbs ISMI spring and Glock Factory recoil spring. I do have to note that with the factory spring the shell casings were bouncing off the front of my body. Shot strong hand and weak hand only as well with no failures.

Thanks for all your help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:D115gr Winchester FMJ- 4.4 gr Titegroup- 1.135 OAL.

Its a little snappy in my G34, so I'm going to start the downward walk on Powder.

I don't have a chrono, so I don't know how fast its slinging.

That reminds me, I need to look for a chrono....... :D

3.5gr Solo 1000 behind 147gr Black Bullets International 134PF... 3.7gr Solo 1000 behind 130gr BBI 129PF... 3.8gr Titegroup behind 124gr Berrys 129pf... all are 1.130-1.135 oal.

The 147gr BBI load is one of my favorites... it is cheap, and very accurate. I was high overall at last IDPA match with it.

Edited by dsmw5142