Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What mount for TR24 on a CTR-02?

Colodrew

I have purchased a CTR-02 and it is on the way and have settled on the Trijicon TR24R optic. My question is what are the best mounts for this combination? :D

Larue is the best there is. I use Larue mounts on all buy one of my Ar's. The one that is not a larue was a mount that came free with the optic. I have tested Larue mounts and they really do return to zero after being removed and put back on the gun.

Pat

Thanks all! I went with the Bobro and ordered a catail for the TR24. :cheers:

I think you will like the Bobro. I'm really digging it. I've always run Larue mounts but think the Bobro is a good solid mount.

As soon as they make a high Bobro that equals the height of my 1.93, I think I'll switch.

I have a CTR-02 coming too. My current Firebird rifle has a Tr21 on it and the eye relief requires a SPR-E. I have it mounted all the way up on the last notch of the picatinny on my upper. I can't mount the rifle with my nose up on the charging handle because it's too close for the eye relief. I plan to upgrade to the Tr24 with the JP. Let me know how that mount plays out for you please.

I have a CTR-02 coming too. My current Firebird rifle has a Tr21 on it and the eye relief requires a SPR-E. I have it mounted all the way up on the last notch of the picatinny on my upper. I can't mount the rifle with my nose up on the charging handle because it's too close for the eye relief. I plan to upgrade to the Tr24 with the JP. Let me know how that mount plays out for you please.

I will be happy to! Thanks

Edited by Colodrew

I think you will like the Bobro. I'm really digging it. I've always run Larue mounts but think the Bobro is a good solid mount.

As soon as they make a high Bobro that equals the height of my 1.93, I think I'll switch.

I have seen some guys running the taller mounts in three gun. Why is that. personal prefrence, body type, or to compensate for bullet drop at longer range?

Fill me in. thanks

Pat

I have seen some guys running the taller mounts in three gun. Why is that. personal prefrence, body type, or to compensate for bullet drop at longer range?

Fill me in. thanks

Pat

Mostly personal preference. I mount the rifle very inboard and the stock sits on my clavicle with a squared up stance. I like the high scope position for a quick mount and a heads up picture through my scope. It has alot to do with body type as well. Some folks have longer necks and cheek their stocks differently. It all boils down to what works for you. I play hell trying to get behind a scope with a 1/2" lower mount.

The taller mounts were made so that low power scopes(namely the S&B Short Dot) would clear over the top of the IR lasers like the PEQ2.

Where do you purchase the Bobro mounts? I just checked out their site and I only found Aimpoint mounts???

I found mine at www.bravocompanyusa.com after a bunch of searching and today at www.maxicon.com/guns/optics/one_piece/ar15_onepiece_mounts.htm which lists a whole bunch of one piece mounts for AR's with specs. and pricing.

Edited by Colodrew

Here is a minimalist option for you. Bolted on option and it is the lightest 5.5 oz. BTW just found that it is currently on sale at GG&G site.

Pacman...which model is that? I just checked GG&G and can't seem to find it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have recieved the mount and it is nice. It would be perfect except for clearance issues with a TR24 and a cat tail. :surprise: I could take the cat tail off but that would suck. I will probably go with the Larue or JP mount with the same centerline height but not as much offset. I will post the final solution that works.

post-18714-1261351361_thumb.jpg

I have recieved the mount and it is nice. It would be perfect except for clearance issues with a TR24 and a cat tail. :surprise: I could take the cat tail off but that would suck. I will probably go with the Larue or JP mount with the same centerline height but not as much offset. I will post the final solution that works.

That problem is easily solved. Six pack, check...dremel tool, check..... :ph34r:

That was one of the reasons I went with the GG&G mount. I am a NTCH shooter too and the off set available from the GG&G mount is just right. Take a look at the photo posted in my previous post, perhaps it would help.

I have received the mount and it is nice. It would be perfect except for clearance issues with a TR24 and a cat tail. :surprise: I could take the cat tail off but that would suck. I will probably go with the Larue or JP mount with the same centerline height but not as much offset. I will post the final solution that works.

That problem is easily solved. Six pack, check...dremel tool, check..... :ph34r:

\

There is a stud holding the two pieces together that is threaded in underneath the area that would need milled.... so I will settle for a six pack while waiting for the UPS guy! :cheers: