Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 NRA Bianchi Cup

NRAActionPistol

Potterfields Donate $50,000 in Cash for 2010 NRA Bianchi Cup

COLUMBIA, MO – Inspired by the NRA Bianchi Cup’s successful impact on both the shooting industry and his hometown of Columbia, MO, Larry Potterfield, Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA, Inc., has pledged his second consecutive $50,000 cash donation toward the championship.

The gift will be used to increase the already impressive $300,000 in cash and prizes awarded this past year and continue founder John Bianchi’s vision of having the most prestigious Pistol Championship in the world.

“It’s easy to be a fan of the Bianchi Cup, and Brenda and I believe in giving back to our community to help change the future of the shooting sports industry. We are proud to do our part to help this great match,” says Potterfield.

This announcement is the first of many enhancements to the NRA Bianchi Cup for 2010. The NRA Bianchi Cup is a money-winning event that draws the top pistols shooters from all over the world.

“Working together with our Industry partners ensures the continued growth and advancement of NRA’s competitive shooting programs and Midway USA, an industry leader, continues to be a major benefactor to our sport,” said Mike Krei, Director of NRA's Competitive Shooting Division.

For more information on the 2010 NRA Bianchi Cup, or the NRA Action Shooting Program, contact Tom Hughes at (703) 267-1451, or by email, BianchiCup@nrahq.org.

For more information on NRA Competitive Shooting Sponsorships, please visit www.nrasportsponsors.com or contact Woody Arenas in the NRA Competitive Shooting Division at 703-267-1469 or by email, warenas@nrahq.org.

For more information about MidwayUSA, a world leader in shooting and reloading supplies, visit www.midwayusa.com.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another reason to get out to the Bianchi this comming year...

NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA

Incorporated 1871

11250 Waples Mill Road - Fairfax, VA 22030

For Immediate Release For More Information, Contact:

23 November 2009 Kyle Jillson, 703-267-1595

MidwayUSA Donates $15,000 in Cash for 1st Time Production Division Shooters at the 2010 NRA Bianchi Cup

Fairfax, VA – Larry and Brenda Potterfield of MidwayUSA have announced they will be adding an additional $15,000 in cash prizes for the 2010 NRA Bianchi Cup. “1st time Men, Women & Junior competitors using a production firearm and achieving the highest aggregate score of all (4) four Championship Events will be awarded $2,500 for 1st Place, $1,500 for 2nd Place, and $500 for 3rd place. This makes MidwayUSA’s total cash contribution to the 2010 NRA Bianchi Cup $65,000.

The new Potterfield sponsorship added to the over $300,000 in cash and prizes that were awarded this year, will continue the vision of founder John Bianchi, that this be the most prestigious Pistol Championship in the world. “The Bianchi Cup is the most prestigious pistol event today and it is critical we continue to attract new shooters to this event and to the sport. Brenda and I are excited about this opportunity to help out in growing this event at the grass-roots level,” says Potterfield.

Ruger and Smith & Wesson firearms will be new additions to the prize table and awarded to first time shooters at the 2010 NRA Bianchi Cup.

Working together with our Industry partners ensures the continued growth and advancement of NRA’s competitive shooting programs. Companies like MidwayUSA, Ruger, and Smith & Wesson help us build championships where shooters with out-of-the-box production firearms can participate and win.” said Mike Krei, Director of NRA's Competitive Shooting Division.

For more information on the 2010 NRA Bianchi Cup, or the NRA Action Shooting Program, contact Tom Hughes at 703-267-1451, or by email, BianchiCup@nrahq.org. For more information on NRA Competitive Shooting Sponsorships, please visit www.nrasportsponsors.com or contact Woody Arenas in the NRA Competitive Shooting Division at 703-267-1469 or by email, warenas@nrahq.org. For more information about MidwayUSA, a world leader in shooting and reloading supplies, visit www.midwayusa.com

Post #5 - Total is $65,000 now.

Yes Sir, MidwayUSA is dedicated to supporting the Shooting Sports and growing NRA Action Shooting. Ist time shooter's come one come all, you will need an NRA classification to qualify!

The total sponsorship for 2010 is about $100,000 in Cash right now.

Tom...

Post #5 - Total is $65,000 now.

Yes Sir, MidwayUSA is dedicated to supporting the Shooting Sports and growing NRA Action Shooting. Ist time shooter's come one come all, you will need an NRA classification to qualify!

The total sponsorship for 2010 is about $100,000 in Cash right now.

Tom...

Tom that is great news for the shooters, The Cup and the NRA. By the way is a clarification needed in your above post regarding classification?

First time shooter at the Cup who is NRA Classified period, or NRA AP Classified, or NRA AP Classified in the gun division that they are seeking the prize?

I guess what I am trying to clear up for shooters is let's say one of the veteran multiple time winners of the Cup whom have always shot OPEN, decide to get a Classification in PRODUCTION, would they be eligible?

or

The Olympic champion pistol shooter who has a NRA classification in small bore rifle as a MK but has never been to the CUP. Can he shoot as a new shooter, first timer and classified as an NRA Marksman shoot as a Marksman in Production?

Tom, I don't want to be a thorn, but competition brings out the gamers, so let's be clear from the start exactly what is required and expected, so as not to have "problems" in May.

MJ :rolleyes:

Martin,

I heard Tom discuss this somewhere but couldn't find it.

First time Cup shooters. If you have ever stepped foot, with a gun, on the ranges in Columbia during the Cup then you are not eligible.

The shooter has to have an NRA pistol classification. If you have a classification card issued by NRA that involves using a pistol than you're good. If not, get out and shoot an Approved A/P match as soon as you can.

Martin,

I heard Tom discuss this somewhere but couldn't find it.

First time Cup shooters. If you have ever stepped foot, with a gun, on the ranges in Columbia during the Cup then you are not eligible.

The shooter has to have an NRA pistol classification. If you have a classification card issued by NRA that involves using a pistol than you're good. If not, get out and shoot an Approved A/P match as soon as you can.

Kevin,

Perfect, thanks to both you & MJ for keeping me straight, damn Dec came way to fast, International Invites go out in about 2 weeks, I have this never ending felling that I am forgetting something!

Yes Kevin is right, you must be a 1st time shooter, and you must have an NRA Pistol Classification, does not matter which one, just get out and shoot an NRA Sanctioned Match! These awards are for new shooters to the NRA Bianchi Cup, those of them that have been shooting on the Local level have an advantage. Maybe that monkey on the back will not bother them as much.

Hope to see you all there.

Tom...

I'm still a bit confused (so others might be too?)...

“1st time Men, Women & Junior competitors using a production firearm and achieving the highest aggregate score of all (4) four Championship Events will be awarded $2,500 for 1st Place, $1,500 for 2nd Place, and $500 for 3rd place.

- I had to read that a few times to figure out what "the highest aggregate score of all (4) four Championship Events" meant.

At first, I thought it meant 4 whole matches in 4 different equipment divisions (? Production, Open, etc.?). But, now I realize it's just the match score from the 4 courses of fire/stages.

- So, is it the high score for just the "newbies" that wins the prize? You don't have to beat Robbie, Dave, Doug, Jerry, etc...to win the prize? (I realize they can't win it.)

- $2500, 1500 & 500...for each separate category? (So $4500 for men....$4500 for women...$4500 for Junior ?) What about the left-over $1500? Random draw?

- You gotta be an NRA member?

- You gotta get a "pistol" classification? Any NRA pistol? Or does it have to be Action Pistol? (if "any", then who, what, when and where...as a lot of newbies won't know)

- Did somebody say other guns/prizes were available? For Production? For just the newbies? Random draw? Order of finish?

- Is there a place that has all the prizes and incentives as a complete list?

- What is the match fee and expected structure for newbies shooting Production?

I'm still a bit confused (so others might be too?)...

Ok, I unfortunately am limited to word count for press releases, after a certain amount of words people stop reading them, that is why we have contact info at the bottom. As I am sure you are all very well aware of, I am available, hell it's Thanksgiving Eve, I'm at home!

Here are the answers (below) to your very worth while questions, I am with ya! Doing the best we can with the tools with have to play with!

“1st time Men, Women & Junior competitors using a production firearm and achieving the highest aggregate score of all (4) four Championship Events will be awarded $2,500 for 1st Place, $1,500 for 2nd Place, and $500 for 3rd place.

- I had to read that a few times to figure out what "the highest aggregate score of all (4) four Championship Events" meant. The key here is 1st time shooter, with a PRODUCTION firearm...TFH

At first, I thought it meant 4 whole matches in 4 different equipment divisions (? Production, Open, etc.?). But, now I realize it's just the match score from the 4 courses of fire/stages.

- So, is it the high score for just the "newbies" that wins the prize? You don't have to beat Robbie, Dave, Doug, Jerry, etc...to win the prize? (I realize they can't win it.) 1st time shooters using a Production firearm, you only have to place higher then another 1st time shooter in Men, Women & Junior categories.

- $2500, 1500 & 500...for each separate category? (So $4500 for men....$4500 for women...$4500 for Junior ?) What about the left-over $1500? Random draw? Each category, we are working the extra $1,500, not to worry...we can't & won't keep it!

- You gotta be an NRA member? Not since last year.

- You gotta get a "pistol" classification? Any NRA pistol? Or does it have to be Action Pistol? (if "any", then who, what, when and where...as a lot of newbies won't know) Any NRA Pistol Classification, this is to build NRA AP at the local level.

- Did somebody say other guns/prizes were available? For Production? For just the newbies? Random draw? Order of finish? We have Ruger & S&W firearms guaranteed for 1st time shooters, 1st place each. Other prizes and Cash awards will be awarded to all Divisions.

- Is there a place that has all the prizes and incentives as a complete list? Too early for that, we only have 12 pairs of shooting glasses from WileyX and $95,000 in cash...so far!

- What is the match fee and expected structure for newbies shooting Production? Production is $250. if a group of (3) or more (NEW shooters) wants to shoot, contact me we will give a better deal then that!

Hope this helps, thanks for keeping us in line.

Tom...

bianchicup@nrahq.org

We are on Facebook as well

You don't have to be an NRA member to get a classification card.

Other NRA disciplines? How about Bullseye, PPC?, Free pistol or International pistol.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Turkey is in the oven, all the trimmings are prept and ready for cooking, ETA for eats are 1400!

You do not have to be a member to get a classification card...Kevin is right AGAIN! Thanks Kevin!

Any NRA Pistol Disipline, Conventional, (AKA Bullseye), Police and International.

Have a great day, I hope all of you are with friends and family this Holiday, in my former career, I missed an aweful lot of these days, I am very thankful to be with my friends and family.

Tom...

You don't have to be an NRA member to get a classification card.

Other NRA disciplines? How about Bullseye, PPC?, Free pistol or International pistol.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Turkey is in the oven, all the trimmings are prept and ready for cooking, ETA for eats are 1400!

You do not have to be a member to get a classification card...Kevin is right AGAIN! Thanks Kevin!

Any NRA Pistol Disipline, Conventional, (AKA Bullseye), Police and International.

Have a great day, I hope all of you are with friends and family this Holiday, in my former career, I missed an aweful lot of these days, I am very thankful to be with my friends and family.

Tom...

Hey Tom,

Did the Salahi's show up at your house? I guess now at every dinning experiences at home or in restaurants, we must set the table for two more... . So remember this when making arrangements for the BC Banquet, I am sure they will want to come to that too.

Martin,

Frame, barrel, slide, comp, mover base, Aimpoint, and some internals already on hand. Spare slide (don't ask) on the way and remaining internals due January. Gunsmithing to be started as soon as spare slide arrives.

Plan is to use it at the 2010 Cup.

So far this year I have been very lucky.

Ruger 6.5x55 Stainless Synthetic - new - 1 of 300. Busting for a new scope for this.

Omark 308 Target Rifle, used but in excellent condition.

ADI L1A1 (SLR) 7.62 in excellent condition that cost a bunch.

Ruger 1022 old - but going, now has new barrel and chassis to make it look like AR15.

S&W 586 1/2, this is a 586 with an unfluted 686 cylinder that we fixed up for a customer and he ran out of money, so I kindly took it of his hands for a small consideration.

Leupold 1.5-5 VX3 - old - but fully refurbished by factory. This may go on another rifle and swap the scope of that to the Ruger.

These are big decisions you know.

Other than that it has been a crap year for new guns :roflol:

I wonder what Santa will bring :surprise:

Now to start planning for next year. The new AP gun should be a good start.

Edited by gm iprod

Crap year?

Does Mary know about all these? There won't be another bullet feeder incident I hope?

I only have about 4 weeks to catch up.

686+

Savage Muzzleloader

Winchester 300 WSM

I seem to have been abusing riflescopes lately or they are just showing their age. Replacements for those will be next.

Action gun is going for a rebuild on Monday. I finally got paid so it's back to work on Monday (Drat!) so I'll drop it off on my way.

Forgot to add that a big truck showed up this passed week with 17k of Sierra 8110's. That should be enough to get me started for next year. I was worried, I was down to 5k left.

Bob,

Instead of buying one for a while you are welcome to use my 686+.

Edited by Action Pistolero

Crap year?

Does Mary know about all these? There won't be another bullet feeder incident I hope?

I only have about 4 weeks to catch up.

686+

Savage Muzzleloader

Winchester 300 WSM

I seem to have been abusing riflescopes lately or they are just showing their age. Replacements for those will be next.

Action gun is going for a rebuild on Monday. I finally got paid so it's back to work on Monday (Drat!) so I'll drop it off on my way.

Forgot to add that a big truck showed up this passed week with 17k of Sierra 8110's. That should be enough to get me started for next year. I was worried, I was down to 5k left.

Bob,

Kevin

Thanks. Brian already started pouring fuel on the fire. His 686 is at my house at the moment :roflol:

Bob,

Kevin

Thanks. Brian already started pouring fuel on the fire. His 686 is at my house at the moment :roflol:

Bob, I think you picked the wrong one... Mine only came with speedloaders and a holster. Kevin's 686 comes with a horse blanket and a set of spurs!