Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 NRA Bianchi Cup

NRAActionPistol

Question for Kevin or MJ...

10 yrs ago when I was shooting AP with MJ, Chief, Ruthy, Phillip and crew I was classified as expert for AP. I was shooting the local matches in Liberty and McComb and the last big match I shot was the one (regional I think) where we shot near Milton,Fl.

The question is this, I know that I will have to re-classify (which I don't mind) but being a former classified shooter, does this or will this have any bearing on shooting as a 1st time shooter in Production?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 yrs ago when I was shooting AP with MJ, Chief, Ruthy, Phillip and crew I was classified as expert for AP. I was shooting the local matches in Liberty and McComb and the last big match I shot was the one (regional I think) where we shot near Milton,Fl.

The question is this, I know that I will have to re-classify (which I don't mind) but being a former classified shooter, does this or will this have any bearing on shooting as a 1st time shooter in Production?

Have you ever shot the Bianchi Cup? "No" = 1st time shooter.

Have you ever shot the Bianchi Cup? "No" = 1st time shooter.

That would be my guess too.

NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA

INCORPORATED 1871

11250 Waples Mill Road - Fairfax, VA 22030

For Immediate Release For More Information, Contact:

1 December 2009 Kyle Jillson 703.267.1595

Country Music Artist Michael Peterson to Return to the 2010 NRA Bianchi Cup

FAIRFAX, VA - Grammy and CMA award nominee Michael Peterson will return with the world’s best pistol competitors to the NRA Bianchi Cup, in Columbia, MO., May 26-29 2010.

Michael Peterson is loved around the world for million selling country music chart toppers like “Drink, Swear, Steal and Lie” and “From Here to Eternity”. His consistent commitment to excellence and passionate sharing of his gifts have brought Peterson repeated recognition for outstanding service to our nation. Peterson’s new CD released in August, featuring the single “You Could Hear a Pin Drop” will benefit the American Legion Legacy Scholarship. Peterson’s “My Real Life Tour - TAG! You’re It” will continue through the end of 2009 and spring of 2010.

This experience helps us all gain a deeper understanding and appreciation for the art and beauty of shooting sports. “I am looking forward to shooting better then last year!" Peterson said. The top selling country music star is passionate about his music, shooting and giving back to the community.

Peterson plans to again use his Sig Sauer P 226 and Safariland Holster at the match. “I have really enjoyed my Sig, it has been a great firearm to practice & compete with,” he said. “I am grateful to Sig Sauer and Safariland for their generous continued support, and I am looking forward to being back in Columbia with fellow members of the NRA and the shooting community”.

For more information on the 2010 NRA Bianchi Cup, or the NRA Pistol Shooting Program, contact Tom Hughes at 703-267-1451, or by email, BianchiCup@nrahq.org For more information on NRA Competitive Shooting Sponsorships, please visit www.nrasportsponsors.com or contact Woody Arenas in the NRA Competitive Shooting Division at 703-267-1469 or by email, warenas@nrahq.org. For more information about Michael Peterson, visit www.michaelpetersonmusic.com

• 1 month later...

We have another Celeb/Personality that has signed up to shoot the Pro-Am on Sat 29 May. Marshall Teague www.marshallteague.com has agreed to come to the 2010 NRA Bianchi Cup and will shoot the Pro-Am. Marshall is a good guy, and a strong supporter of the NRA and its mission.

Edited by NRAActionPistol

We have another Celeb/Personality that has signed up to shoot the Pro-Am on Sat 29 May. Marshall Teague www.marshallteague.com has agreed to come to the 2010 NRA Bianchi Cup and will shoot the Pro-Am. Marshall is a good guy, and a strong supporter of the NRA and its mission.

Tom, that's great! Now we shooter's need to work on getting some real celebrities to come to the Cup. Those true celebrities would be our fellow shooters from our local clubs, farms and other ranges. From this group of unknowns will rise our next Great Ones.

Once again, I pledge that VIRGINIA will have more competitors shooting BC than any other state, country or province. I hope tp be proven wrong by several states, countries or provinces throughout the world! BTW, there currently isn't an AP venue within 100 miles of NRA HQ, so the other places should be able to edge VIRGINIA. So, let get it on! :cheers:

Martin

• 3 weeks later...
How many shooters do you have Martin?

Well they're not mine, we all belong to VIRGINIA. The most we had was 21. I'm seeing about 15 for sure maybe a few others. Kevin and Alan deserve the credit....they hold matches!

MJ :cheers:

Martin,

VA has 10 people signed up so far, no other State is even close! Thanks VA!

Tom...

• 2 weeks later...

Not wanting to hijack Tom's thread, BUT.

I called Grafs to check on the supplies that I ordered for Bianchi this year.

They advise that if you require reloading equipment and components for the Cup, you had better have an order in by the end of February. They are expecting Primers and Powders sometime Late Feb through early April, they are taking orders with a little extra discount for Bianchi competitors, they will hold aside anything that you need and will be wanting to collect in May.

Contact them at,

http://www.grafs.com/index.php

1-800-531-2666

Get it sorted soon.

I also understand that Zero and or Montana Gold advise that anyone needing JHP etc would be wise to have there order in now. MG are no badly off for some bullets, Zero are backordered to hell and around the corner.

Newbie to the Bianchi cup. How do I go about registering for the match. Want to shoot production class. Also need to book a room at the host hotel. Is there a link or phone number or ?

Since this is a first time for me. I'm looking for video, books etc on how to compete in the cup. I've read the rules and this forum which helps a lot. Looking more for technique that would apply in production class. I'm a bullseye shooter but not unfamiliar with action type matches. I've shot some USPSA and hope to get in a couple of AP matches prior to the cup when the snow melts off.

Suggestions?

Newbie to the Bianchi cup. How do I go about registering for the match. Want to shoot production class. Also need to book a room at the host hotel. Is there a link or phone number or ?

Since this is a first time for me. I'm looking for video, books etc on how to compete in the cup. I've read the rules and this forum which helps a lot. Looking more for technique that would apply in production class. I'm a bullseye shooter but not unfamiliar with action type matches. I've shot some USPSA and hope to get in a couple of AP matches prior to the cup when the snow melts off.

Suggestions?

I cant help much with technique and that type of info, but my google foo is strong today. Below is some info for ya.

Some info here:

http://www.nrahq.org/compete/nm_actionshooting.asp

Entry Here:

https://www.nrahq.org/compete/bianchi/Default.asp

This video may show something, I cant watch it, youtube blocked. Go to youtube and type in Bianchi Cup.

Hotel info quoted from above link

Special group rates are offered for those attending the 2010 NRA Bianchi Cup from 10 Dec 2009 through 26 Apr 2010. You may make reservations at the Holiday Inn Executive Center by going to their web site.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/advancedsearch?whichtype=room&roomResult=none&hotelCode=coucc&quickRes=city&_GPC=NR9&checkInDate=13&checkOutMonthYear=042009&checkInMonthYear=042009&checkOutDate=28&_requestid=3757190

Edited by DWFAN

Dan,

You can send an email to bianchicup@nrahq.org to request an entry. You can also enter online at NRA's webpage.

According to my confirmation letter you can email tbargar@socket.net for reservations at the Holiday Inn Select.

The only video that I have seen that is any good is "Doug Koenig, Shooting Clean My Way". Check www.gunvideo.com. I believe Brian has it in his store also. Doug is shooting an Open gun in the video but it was shot on the Chapman Academy range. To my knowledge, no one has put out a video shooting a Metallic sighted gun. Doug's video was shot in 1994.

reservations at the Holiday Inn Select.

Which holiday inn is the host hotel for the match? "Executive Center - Columbia Mall"

I hope so, that's where I made reservations. I booked a room check in 25th through morning of 29th. Isn't there some special gathering for new persons to show us the ropes on the event? I know there is an event calendar somewhere, Googling now....

When you made the reservations did you ask them about the Bianchi Cup rate? That sounds like the right place. The Columbia Mall is across the street.

There is a new shooters meeting Tues. night at the hotel. There will be experienced shooters there that can answer any questions.

You may be able to find someone on here that has been to the Cup before so you can sign up with a buddy entry. Wait a minute, you are shooting Production so your entry is less anyway. You can save money for next year by shooting a Regional and winning a class award, which is a $100 off certificate or a $200 certificate by winning Production.

By comparison, what's the entry for Perry?

I just noticed that you will be checking out the morning of the 29th. You need to stay for the awards banquet that night so I would check out on the 30th. Don't forget to bring your suit.

Edited by Action Pistolero

By comparison, what's the entry for Perry?

Give or take $300 so about the same. Any idea what time the award ceremony will be. My thought was to check out of the hotel, but stay for ceremony. Hit the road and put in a few miles east bound. I have family near St. Louis so might push through.

Anyone coming from Ohio area and want to buddy up? Might ride the mota-cicle, See if I can't spark some interest with Pat, 41mag

As Kevin stated, Doug's SHOOTING CLEAN MY WAY is about the only good video that covers it all.

Bring the landlord as a BUDDY ENTRY for a reduced fee.

The HI Executive Center is the hotel. It is at I-70 and Stadium. 2200 I-70 Drive may be the address.

If you can afford the time and $, arrive early and stay late. At least through the Banquet. By suit Kevin meant coat and tie, not bathing ;).

Have fun,

MJ

You're in luck. One of the best A/P ranges in the country is in Bates City. Here's the webpage. Pioneer

They are running indoor matches every 2 weeks. I don't believe they are Approved matches so you wouldn't be able to get a classificaion from those but it would be good practice. The Approved matches probably won't start until next month. There is a match schedule on the webpage.

Tell Mike and Ron I said hello.

I believe the range capacity is 300 shooters. It would be nice to get over 200.

Edited by Action Pistolero