Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Surprise On Thanksgiving/larrys’ Birthday.

Larrys1911

Monday morning (11-24) I took Michele to the Hospital because she couldn’t breath and was feeling ROUGH. Up to this point we all thought it was pregnancy related. Her blood work showed she was dehydrated, after they got the IV’s going and tested her again she was also anemic. Two units of blood were transfused and still had no energy and would not wake up. They took her off the medicines hoping that would clear things up. She started responding today at about 3pm. At 3:30 pm her water broke. At 6:10pm an American shooter was born.

Nicholas Ryan Pogue entered the world tonight 5 weeks premature on his Daddy’s birthday. According to “my” mom, exactly, Thirty-Five years to the MINUTE! How’s that for wild?

Mom and Ryan are doing fine I am happy to report. Michele seems to be coherent again and is getting noticeably better by the minute.

Ryan is not my first Preme so I have a little idea what is going on. He, however, entered the world in a much different way. Our first Preme was the traumatic birth of my first child. The Drs told me that I would loose Michele and/or Ali on that one.

Thank God it was NOTHING like that this time. Ryan seems to be doing fine. No length on him yet (they are in no hurry to measure him apparently, weight was 4# 13oz. Color and all are good. He has some fluid on his lungs and I was informed that it was perfectly normal with a C-section and a Preme. They will be working to dry that up in the next two days. He also has some very minor Ph (acid) problem. The Dr didn’t seem to think much of it. Other than that he is perfectly healthy.

No matter how it has happened, all three times I was utterly unprepared for the rush of emotions that followed it.

I’m SO thankful on this Thanksgiving day.

Oh Lord, bless me indeed……and he did!

Larry P

Proud Papa x 3

Congratulations Larry!

May God keep sheeding His blessings unto your beautiful family!

Now I can't wait to read on Ryan's first shooting feats! :lol:

Nelson "Morpheus" Colón

TY 32791

VERY Proud father of two young USPSA members:

Nelson Jr (12) A-50069

Francisco (10) A-50068