Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is Ups Ever Early????

I ask this because my SVI was shipped UPS Ground. According to the tracking numbers it won't be here until Monday Dec. 1st. However, I just checked the status on it and according to their info it is already in this state and only about 20 minutes from here. Do you think it will arrive tomorrow or will it still go on Monday? I'm hoping they send it tomorrow. I really have my fingers crossed.

Anyone had any such luck?

Pete :ph34r:

In my experience, UPS can be early, but I'd expect the package tomorrow only if it's already in the distribution center for your area. Around here, if it's not in the DC by midnight, it's not going out the next day to be delivered.

I've had ground (5-day) packages sit in the UPS center...which is three miles from Stately Wakal Manor...for two days, delivered on the third day. When I called and questioned this (ah, online tracking :wub: ), they told me...both the local office and the national office...that if I wanted two day delivery, I had better pay for it. Five day delivery was...five day delivery, no matter what.

I like FedEx.

I'd rather wrap a package in barb wire and carry it in my teeth across the country than use UPS again.

Alex

Despite Wakal's experiences (living in the same town we both receive UPS deliveries from the same depot) I have had numerous UPS packages arrive early. Frequently a UPS package shows up on their tracking website as "shipped" and the provided delivery date is 5 days away. Then the package gets into town early and they go ahead and deliver it.

I will NOT say that all my experiences with UPS have been good. They let a rifle stock sit at the local depot all weekend because it arrived at 10:00am on Friday (I really wanted to work on it over the weekend, and I was PISSED). But sometimes they do deliver things early.

Cheers,

Law? No, just UPS policy that was copied by the other shippers. UPS had problems with handguns being stolen so they decided all by themselves to solve the problem of their employees with sticky fingers by firing the thieves...no, wait, that is what logical and intelligent humans would do.

UPS decided to force all handguns to go by air. Long guns are still "allowed" to go by ground.

The other shippers fell in line because...air shipments are more profitable.

UPS is evil.

Alex

As a newly aquired asset for Federal Express Express ( not a typo ). And being in charge of the complicated ' take this here and come back when your done ' tasking, ( when I'm told to of course!!! ).

My industry insider answer is,,,

What are ya doing shipping brown,,,are ya trying to take the turkey of my table!!!

:D:D:D

What I've noticed with UPS is if you ship by ground, it gets there whenever it get there. With air shipments, it really only takes one day. The catch is, it'll sit at the airport till the day before. I tracked a package that was shipped 3 day, but it sat at the airport for 2 days before it was shipped.

The tracking that I have experienced in California has been accurate. I have seen packages sitting 20 miles from my house and still not get there until the due date. By the way I called SVI to verify that my new gun is being shipped next day and they told me that was the only way that they shipped handguns. Go figure... Mine gets shipped on Monday.

Jim

Sent an AR upper to Compass Lake for a float tube and a threading for a Miculek comp and it was delivered 20 miles away 6 days before it finally arrived at Compass Lake.

It won't be back for a 3 gun match I'm going to this weekend. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH! An M1 carbine is not the weapon of choice for 3 gun.....

My problem with UPS is that they can't leave a package at my apartment, as I live in a large complex. So, the UPS driver will leave the "Attempted Delivery" stickers on the door to the apartment building, that is next to a small access/fire road between two buildings.

Of course I enter the building from the parking lot and not the door next to the access/fire road, so I don't know that they tried to attempt a delivery. Usually on the second try they will enter the building and actually leave the two "Attempted Delivery" stickers on my apartment door with the "Will attempt delivery tomorrow after 5:00 pm" checked off. Of course I'll show up at 4:30 only to find they have already attempted delivery.

What's worse for me, is that after being given instructions to ship my order by U. S. Mail, that a company will ship it with a signature required. So again I'm stuck trying to get to the PO before it closes.

Then there was the company the shipped an item out late and changed the deliver service from U. S. Mail to UPS as a free "customer service" upgrade. Of course this adds 5 days to get here, three days to attempt delivery and five days to be returned and a couple days to find out why it wasn't accepted for delivery.

Now if my shipping instructions are not followed I just call the seller and tell them that when the package is returned to them the can: (at my descretion)

1)Reship it U. S. Mail w/o a signature required

2)Keep it as I need it faster then they will now be able to get it to me.

jkelly

I few years ago, a buddy of mine was having problems with a new Winchester lever gun he had bought. Finally, he shipped it back to Winchester for some tweaking. The gun was gone a long time and my friend went on vacation. He returned from out of state to find the weathered cardboard box, rifle inside, with "Winchester" on it leaning against his front gate in full view of the highway. It looked like it had been there a week.

UPS always comes early when there is adult signature required and everyone is working. 3 days in a row. This combined with Glock parts department that takes 1 MONTH to process a parts order and get it out the door.

Fed Ex comes back in the evening when they need a signature.

Just wanted to let everyone know that UPS did NOT come early for me. :(:(:(

So the upper will arrive at my house on Monday. The frame will arrive at the gunshop the same day but, the shop is closed so I won't have the frame until Tuesday. What a drag. At least I'll have it finally in a few days. I just wish they shipped it out overnight.

Pete :ph34r: