Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun

outerlimits

Unless I'm overlooking something, the only recourse that comes to mind under the rule book would be match DQ for Unsportsmanlike Conduct, in this case, cheating.

10.6.1 Competitors will be disqualified from a match for conduct which a

Range Officer deems to be unsportsmanlike. Examples of unsportsmanlike

conduct include, but are not limited to, cheating, dishonesty,

failing to comply with the reasonable directions of a Match Official, or

any behavior likely to bring the sport into disrepute. The Range Master

must be notified as soon as possible.

Anything else?

Curtis

Edited by BayouSlide

so after ft benning, we all know what happens when you load more than the max in tactical. curious what happens if one were to load more than max in open. match dq? :wacko:

I thought you had to shoot that round.?

so after ft benning, we all know what happens when you load more than the max in tactical. curious what happens if one were to load more than max in open. match dq? :wacko:

I thought you had to shoot that round.?

Under USPSA rules, Open's a maximum of 11 rounds loaded, or a maximum of 10 in the case of Rule 8.1.1.2.

Curtis

Unless I'm overlooking something, the only recourse that comes to mind under the rule book would be match DQ for Unsportsmanlike Conduct, in this case, cheating.

10.6.1 Competitors will be disqualified from a match for conduct which a

Range Officer deems to be unsportsmanlike. Examples of unsportsmanlike

conduct include, but are not limited to, cheating, dishonesty,

failing to comply with the reasonable directions of a Match Official, or

any behavior likely to bring the sport into disrepute. The Range Master

must be notified as soon as possible.

Anything else?

Curtis

It's not a match dq --- but since the competitor is no longer compliant with any division, he's shooting for no score. Pretty much the same thing as going sub-minor in Production (or any other division, but production shooters are most at risk....)

It's not a match dq --- but since the competitor is no longer compliant with any division, he's shooting for no score. Pretty much the same thing as going sub-minor in Production (or any other division, but production shooters are most at risk....)

I thought I was missing something: thanks, Nik. Logical enough...especially if you put your brain fully in gear before typing. :cheers:

I love the rules forum: always end up learning something.

Curtis

Edited by BayouSlide

I saw Jerry using a mag tube that looked about 4 feet long, it stuck out waaay past the muzzle. I don't know which match it was but it was on TV on Shooting USA or something, what Division would that fit in?

I saw Jerry using a mag tube that looked about 4 feet long, it stuck out waaay past the muzzle. I don't know which match it was but it was on TV on Shooting USA or something, what Division would that fit in?

every match except a uspsa match-in uspsa, we run limited 10 in open! go figure!

Haven't seen a 25-round drum... :)

Depends on the match. If IPSC, no problem. If "outlaw," no problem. If USPSA, then they shoot for no score. Can't have more than 10 rounds (plus one in the chamber) in USPSA Open.

Holdover from the Olde Klinton Daze, of course, and MV likes it so there it is. Not bashin', just sayin'...

The Pan-Am Shotgun Match next year (run under IPSC rules, not USPSA) should be fun. Load 'em up, cowboys! :D

Alex

He was shooting open at the Ft Benning Three Gun which does not use USPSA rules.

Haven't seen a 25-round drum... :)

Alex

Maybe it was a 20?? I don't remember for sure, but one thing I noticed is that it didn't run worth a crap.

Al Zeta had a special drum built for his shotgun which was featured in the Ft Benning coverage of Shooting USA and I think it held 23. He had only one and mentioned it was valued at about $3K. Of course if we all had the ability he has and the tooling to go with it, firearms technology would double about every 3 years.

And by the way, anything Zeta brings to the range runs flawlessly.

• 2 weeks later...

every match except a uspsa match-in uspsa, we run limited 10 in open! go figure!

Silly rule, we don't limit pistol or rifle to 10 in open?

Silly rule, we don't limit pistol or rifle to 10 in open?

+1 Open should be OPEN.

Jim M ammo

I can see how there's a place for L10 and the 10 round limit in Production, but the 10 round limit for Open in Shotgun is pretty silly...

Has anyone seriously tried to get USPSA to change it?

Edited by gose