Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ro Packages

james h

When I worked the AWARE in NY in 2000 I was on the range from Wednesday to Sunday. Did setup, RO'd every day and helped tear down. Motel room was paid for and lunch was provided each day. I can't remember if I paid match fee or not but I did shoot the match. Worked the same schedule for the AWARE in VT in 2002. Room and food on the range was provided and I paid the match fee. Working the local area match for the full duration got my match fee waived and of course I simply drove the 40 minutes to the range each day.

Hi folks,

From an international perspective, the "standard" deal is free accommodation on a twin-share basis, free breakfast and lunch at the range and free entry to the "pre-match", where scores are usually included in the final match results.

On top of that, some regions also pay a a travel subsidy and provide free dinner.

At most of the matches I've independently produced, including 3 Area 4's and 3, 3-Gun Nationals, the RO's got room paid, (double occupancy), meals at the range, and a couple of match official shirts, but paid for entry into an RO match, with a separate prize table paid for by those entry fees. It's pretty standard to cover half a room per person for the range officers that travel, and feed them when they are working, especially if some or most of them travel a ways to get there. Most matches also provide some sort of match shirt. None of the ones I've done have covered travel expenses. USPSA Nationals does cover a percentage of travel expenses in addition to room and meals on the range.

keep them fed and watered, we had one RO who didn't think he should have to pay match fees because he was asked to RO,

And going in the opposite diection, I've had a MD at a local match stuff my match fee back into my pocket because I worked the match as an RO. I tried to decline the offer and pointed out that I ALWAYS volunteer to RO when I go to their match. She insisted. :ph34r:

Thanks for the nice comment Larry.