Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another Stage Design

spanky

I'm not sure my course description is correct. I want the shooter to be able to engage the arrays in any order but have to reload between arrays.

I have it written as:

"Standing in box facing uprange, handgun loaded and holstered as per 8.1, wrists above respective shoulders

Upon Signal, Turn then draw and engage T1-T3, perform a mandatory reload, engage USP1-3 and PP 1-3, perform a mandatory reload, engage T4-T6.

Arrays may be engaged in any order. Failure to perform mandatory reload will incur a per shot penalty."

q7exw7bn642sw6rtw61o.jpg

Too many shots from one position, max is 8. I still like the design though.

It's my understanding (from previous discussion) that you can have more than 8 in one position but you cannot force more than 8. Brainfarts. :(

How's this?

pjxtpcwaiqrw1rpcwlzt.jpg

It's legal for Level 1 matches, it would be a good COF in the winter, I may even use it this winter up in MN.

Well that's what I'm going for... (The level 1 thing, not the winter thing)

Where in the rule book can I find course requirement differentiation?

Edited by spankaveli

1.1.5 Freestyle – USPSA matches are freestyle. Competitors must be permitted

to solve the challenge presented in a freestyle manner, and to shoot

targets on an “as and when visible” basis. Courses of fire must not

require mandatory reloads nor dictate a shooting position, location or

stance, except as specified below. However, conditions may be created,

and barriers or other physical limitations may be constructed, to compel

a competitor into shooting positions, locations or stances.

1.1.5.1 Level I matches may use shooting boxes and specify where or

when specific target arrays may be engaged, and may specify

mandatory reloads in short and medium courses only (not in a

long course).

I may be wrong because of the round count, but who's counting.

It's my understanding (from previous discussion) that you can have more than 8 in one position but you cannot force more than 8. Brainfarts. :(

How's this?

pjxtpcwaiqrw1rpcwlzt.jpg

I like this one, you will need to put the steel far enough back 23ft.

How's this?

pjxtpcwaiqrw1rpcwlzt.jpg

The drawing looks workable, depending on the stage procedure.

What's the new version?

How's this?

pjxtpcwaiqrw1rpcwlzt.jpg

What's the new version?

Good question. :P

"Standing outside of box facing uprange, handgun loaded and holstered as per 8.1, wrists above respective shoulders.

Engage targets as they become visible from within fault lines."

How's this?

pjxtpcwaiqrw1rpcwlzt.jpg

What's the new version?

"Standing outside of box facing uprange, handgun loaded and holstered as per 8.1, wrists above respective shoulders.

I like it, simple, but effective. Speed, power, and accuracy required. Well done!

How's this?

pjxtpcwaiqrw1rpcwlzt.jpg

What's the new version?

I like it, simple, but effective. Speed, power, and accuracy required. Well done!

you could also make it a table draw

OK, try this.

Get rid of 3 poppers.

So now you have 6 paper and 3 steel. 15 shots. Medium COF. Now do your mandatory reload stage.

Try this description.

Facing uprange............(the rest of what you said)

Engage T1 - T3 with 2 rounds each, make a mandatory reload and engage T4 - T6 with 2 rounds each. Steel may be engaged with any array.

I do like your revised also though.

How about this? Just let the reload(s) occur as necessary and add "Shooter must have a palm flat on an X when engaging T1-3 and T4-6." If you wish, drop one paper (and add one more popper?) and throw in a reload requirement.

post-400-1255567323_thumb.jpg

Later,

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS

If you tuck T3 and T4 in a little bit more behind the barrels it would force the shooter to move to the outside left and right corners to get those two targets, and if you get your angles right you can add the option of seeing a popper from each side. As long as its free style and no monkey movements included, you could run this stage at a Level III match. Good stage.

If you tuck T3 and T4 in a little bit more behind the barrels it would force the shooter to move to the outside left and right corners to get those two targets, and if you get your angles right you can add the option of seeing a popper from each side. As long as its free style and no monkey movements included, you could run this stage at a Level III match. Good stage.

I actually intend to have T3 and T4 tucked but I didn't want to tuck them too far as to interfere with the printout before setup. that can/will be handled there.

As far as moving the poppers, I like that idea. Someone else suggested arranging them in a bowling pin type order. I might play with that.

Make the shooting area the width of your barricade and align the paper so it can't be taken through the port and you have a course of fire that can only be taken the way you want. Of course that throws the free style aspect of 1.1.5 out the window or arrange the barrels so that the paper and a couple poppers can be shot from either side. The 23' quoted earlier for the poppers is the distance where the shooter is physically restrained from getting closer, with a fault line the distance needs to be 26'.