Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Elite Match W/ Rail?

ck1

Hey guys, I'm going to pick up a witness elite match in 9mm any day now... thing is, after seeing a couple pics of one's that are out there (on gunbroker, etc.), and then speaking to EAA, the newest one's that have been imported now have an accessory rail... I actually kind of like that 'cause the gun can lead a double life as a range toy/HD weapon w/ a light if I want.

That said, anyone handled/shot/own one of the newer one's with the rail? thoughts?

I know it's going to make finding a holster even harder, but since I'd like to have the latest incarnation, and happen to not mind the rail, any other reasons to avoid the railed model?

Thanks!

Borrowed this pic from gunbroker:Picture1-2.png

Edited by ck1

By recommendation a friend of mine bought one, It showed up unexpectedly with the light rail, Now I feel bad because no one and I mean no one, including my best efforts heating Kydex has a holster that will fit it, No one here or at Hennings could help me either.

Think I'm going to try a few cheap Fobus holsters for the time being at my LGS... Kinda have a hunch a model for a larger/railed Sig might work until someone else (hopefully Blade-Tech) starts making them...

Please keep me posted, I tried several models of Uncle mike's kydex, Safariland 010, 567, 5183, so far no dice.

Joe have you tried one of the kits where you make your own kydex holster from scratch? Seems like that may be the only way to go. It's unfortunate that companies aren't quicker to support the Witness and CZ lines as they're getting more and more popular.

These guys seem to have everything from the sheet material to tek-lock stuff and even a book on how to make holsters/sheaths.....with the cold looming here I should probably look into this to keep me occupied!

http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41

Bart

I bought a Fobus for a sigpro/sp-01 and it kind of fit... Just to work on drawing as I'm new to single actions and disengaging the safety as I draw, won't really work "for real" though.

Thinking one for a sig 229 w/ rail might work, but if it's like this one the extended mag release won't let the Match 's trigger-guard fully lock in...

Still looking on the holster front...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Joe4d, found a holster today that fits like a glove for the Match's w/ the rail (well almost...), just draw and re-holster about 100 times and the rail wears away what it needs to, otherwise perfect: Blackhawk CQC for Sig 228/229 model number C1214-M2 (the regular one w/ passive retention NOT the serpa).

Hope this helps!

Edited by ck1

EAA's catalog leaves a little to be desired with regard to clarity on model numbers. Looking on Gunbroker the models with the rail seem to have the same number as the ones without it. I'm guessing those without are a predecessor; I'd like to have one with the rail but I'm not quite sure how to order it and guarantee I get the rail.

With regard to holsters... I had one made by Kirkpatrick's for my old Witness fullsize. Cost about $80.00, fits good, took a couple of weeks to get it to me.

Edited by oldscot3

EAA's catalog leaves a little to be desired with regard to clarity on model numbers. Looking on Gunbroker the models with the rail seem to have the same number as the ones without it. I'm guessing those without are a predecessor; I'd like to have one with the rail but I'm not quite sure how to order it and guarantee I get the rail.

With regard to holsters... I had one made by Kirkpatrick's for my old Witness fullsize. Cost about $80.00, fits good, took a couple of weeks to get it to me.

EAA's Catalog... ha ha ha, someone should send them a copy of Adobe's catalog! My 13yr old niece w/ Photoshop/Illustrator could make a better catalog in under an hour...

Anyways, I talked to them a while back and I guess ALL the new Match's will now have the rail, same model number though... I was also a little confused which one I'd be getting when I bought mine online (Bud's), I just emailed them and told them that EAA hadn't changed the model number but the new one's had rails and asked them to verify that I would be indeed getting the newest model with the rail.

Thanks for the heads up on Kirkpatrick's, I'll take a look.

Edited by ck1

I'll watch for you future post with regard to how it shoots... I like the "stock" model also, but it doesn't have the rail. I have a Streamlight TLR 2 I want to put on it.

It makes 2" groups at 25yrds off hand... Easily the most accurate gun I've ever shot, makes my 3k Wilson combat look like a waste of money...

Honestly, has to be the most accurate $500 gun with the best trigger out there, everyone I let shoot it wants one.

It makes 2" groups at 25yrds off hand... Easily the most accurate gun I've ever shot, makes my 3k Wilson combat look like a waste of money...

Honestly, has to be the most accurate $500 gun with the best trigger out there, everyone I let shoot it wants one.

Yep, feel the same way about my Match...insanely accurate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...