Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sights for G34?

edmachi

Hi,

Just bought a G34 about an hour ago which plan to use for competition only, and wonder if I should get the Warren tactical sights? If so which flavour and what advantage will it bring me.

Thanks, ED

I have the tactical on an M&PL and love them. I have a set of the S. competition sights on a G17 and love them too. They are both worth every penny and I don't really prefer one over the other. If I had to choose, I would take the competition over the tactical. I can't tell you why though. They are both good.

The advantage is that you will have a nice, clear sight picture. There are no disadvantages.

Edited by trevoro

I have the Sevigny Competition sights with the fiber optic front on my 34. I love them. I definitely saw an improvement after switching. I am planning on getting a set for my 17 too.... The only option to consider (in my opinion) is whether to go solid or fiber optic front.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Warren/Sevigny sights. The factory Glock sights leave a lot to be desired....narrow rear opening with a pretty wide front sight just aren't the ticket (for me) for USPSA style shooting. Some nice pics (and a great vendor) of what they look like:

http://www.cpwsa.com/warren_sevigny_sights.htm

Arguably the best upgrade you can make to your G34. I love my warren tactical rear with a red FO front. I really like how the rear sight is rounded off at the top right and left edge, it seems to help me get a better sight picture because I can see more of the target around the rear sight.

They are very good sights and I have them on all my competition Glocks. They are durable, unlike the magic plastic doodads Gaston puts on the slides as they leave the factory.

There are many other good options, Heinie's for fixed, Dawson for adjustable, for instance. As much as I like the Warren/Sevigny style sights, I'd still suggest you look down the slides of Glocks with a variety of sights (and, better yet, shoot them) to see what suits you and your shooting.

If you are just starting out in action shooting, shoot what the gun has until you get to the point where you can take advantage of the more refined sight picture, or you beat the sights off the gun (which might not take long ;) ).

Have fun...

Ed, i also recently bought a 34 and drove myself crazy trying to decide what sight to get. i decided on the warren sights but had to then dcide which flavor to get. i decided on the sevigney sight and love it. my accuracy has really increased and i am picking up the front sight quicker. you won't regret the sight. i did replace the red with the green f.o...i seem to pick the green up better. the only thing i would advise after you get them is to do a lot of group shooting from bags to get used to them. good luck

Ed, i also recently bought a 34 and drove myself crazy trying to decide what sight to get. i decided on the warren sights but had to then dcide which flavor to get. i decided on the sevigney sight and love it. my accuracy has really increased and i am picking up the front sight quicker. you won't regret the sight. i did replace the red with the green f.o...i seem to pick the green up better. the only thing i would advise after you get them is to do a lot of group shooting from bags to get used to them. good luck

great set of competition sights, shoud find someone with them and try them first

There are more than a few acceptable replacement sights for glocks out there. Sevigny sights are just one of them. It really comes down to what sight picture works best for you.

Personally, the Warren/Sevigny (both FO and plain) just didn't fork for me. It has too much slop in the picture and I found myself not as accurate at longer distance shots. That was me. Others don't have that issue.

Read this thread. There are a bunch of threads in the Glock section on this subject.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...hl=Heine+Dawson

Like everyone else has said, they are good sights. Here's my two cents.

Get some inexpensive plain sights, front and rear, and a small safe edge file. Get a relatively tall, wide front sight (.125") and a narrow rear notch (probably .125" as well). You can also use the factory plastic sights for this, just black them out. Use the file to narrow the front sight and/or widen the rear notch until you get a sight picture that works for you. You can also find out how high your front sight needs to be in relation to the rear sight for the correct elevation.

This will save you some money trying different sight combos. Then you'll have a good idea of what size sights you'll want to spend good money on.