Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Plains Shotgun Challenge 2010

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the stages have been sent to my webmaster and I expect them on the website next week some time, the round count is very close to whats already on the website with just a few rounds added overall. But as always I recommend you bring twice the amounts listed because it could easily be to your advantage to have more, for some stages.

Trapr

OK, my deviant little mind came up with one more stage, and its "lucky 13" its a very simple 2 round stage, both rounds are slugs, but you have to know exactly where your slugs hit at 10 / 20 / 30 / and 40yds, and then you have to decide how lucky you feel. each target will have points assigned to it based on the yardage, you will have 2 shots and can choose which targets you wish to engage, if you choose one and miss you can try and recoup points by trying another target. if you hit on your first shot you can choose another target and get more points. targets will be clays and shots will be fired offhand. (max points 80)......................oh yeah! max time 30secs.

Now I just hope my scorer can figure out how to make this work on the scoring program.

trapr

OK, my deviant little mind came up with one more stage, and its "lucky 13" its a very simple 2 round stage, both rounds are slugs, but you have to know exactly where your slugs hit at 10 / 20 / 30 / and 40yds, and then you have to decide how lucky you feel. each target will have points assigned to it based on the yardage, you will have 2 shots and can choose which targets you wish to engage, if you choose one and miss you can try and recoup points by trying another target. if you hit on your first shot you can choose another target and get more points. targets will be clays and shots will be fired offhand. (max points 80)......................oh yeah! max time 30secs.

Now I just hope my scorer can figure out how to make this work on the scoring program.

trapr

I like this idea. So its like a par time stage? 30secs to make your 2 shots?

No golf balls this time for the match. I just got back from practicing with some local shooters and hitting the clay at 30 is easy enough if you know how to pull the trigger and where your gun hits, 50 was very iffy and 40 was 50/50 so, I will go with 40 as the max yardage. And yes it will be like a PAR time of 30 secs, for both shots. The local guys were already petitioning for more shots before they even pulled the trigger, and they were thinking a lot of people would zero the stage?????? hitting the 10yd clay would be very easy so I don't see how you could zero this. Unless you just come unprepared!!!!

The whole point of PSG, is that you can use it as a precision weapon, you just have to practice and know your ability, oh yeah,.......and practice!!!!!.

Trapr

There is no match hotel, but there are several within easy driving distance, look at IH35 and edmond ok. area. I'll get link on this topic in a minute. Sorry no link but the intersection is E 2nd st. and IH35, there are several at or near that intersection.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

There is no match hotel, but there are several within easy driving distance, look at IH35 and edmond ok. area. I'll get link on this topic in a minute. Sorry no link but the intersection is E 2nd st. and IH35, there are several at or near that intersection.

Trapr

OK, thanks for the info.

Local guysgoof.gif LoCo guys are more like it. and every one that walks away from that stage are going to want one shell for each target, So if you put out three targets I want three shots .

Or ...Or I will hold my breath like a real man until I get what I want

I spoke with my webmaster and he says he should have the stages up this weekend.

If you have been keeping up with the talk on the PanAm match you should know that we will be testing ALL of the necessary skills you will need to do well at the PanAm. So plan on coming and plan on being tested!!!!!

Also we have confirmations from Falcon Industries, LaRue, JP, Nordic, Tactical Machining, CPWSA, Burris, Fiocchi, DPMS and MGM. With many waiting to be confirmed, so our prize table should be ample!!!!

Trapr

I know several of you intend on coming but I have not received entries for you yet, do not delay!!!!! I am getting more entries everyday, as well as those from sponsors slots. So if you think you have a sponsored slot you still need to get your entry in so I know what division to put you in.

trapr

OK! I am sold, application is in the mail. Now for the more mundane stuff. Is there (will there be) a match hotel? If not, any recommendations?

Here is a link to a google map of the area hotels. Hotels near Edmond Anything near I35 on Hwy 77/E. 2nd St. was built in the last 5 years so it will be nice and new. If you want cheaper than highway rates look farther west towards downtown Edmond.

Edited by jtischauser

the stages are on the website, if any one has questions, feel free to ask. there will be a few tweaks to a stage or two, an extra wall or slightly different start position, a few extra no shoots, etc. but the general idea of the stage will remain the same.

Trapr

Well its nice to know we've encouraged more people to set up SG only matches. in reference to R&R's match.

trapr

Trapr, you need to take credit for more than that. One of the main reasons I agreed to take over the IPSC Pan American Shotgun Championship was because of the tireless promotion of IPSC shotgun matches from friends like you, Jeff Cramblit & Kurt Miller. I wanted to bring that kind of event to the US after you guys went on and on about terrific shotgun matches you had attended in other countries.

:cheers:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 IPSC Pan American Shotgun

Co-Match Director

Well its nice to know we've encouraged more people to set up SG only matches. in reference to R&R's match.

trapr

Trapr, you need to take credit for more than that. One of the main reasons I agreed to take over the IPSC Pan American Shotgun Championship was because of the tireless promotion of IPSC shotgun matches from friends like you, Jeff Cramblit & Kurt Miller. I wanted to bring that kind of event to the US after you guys went on and on about terrific shotgun matches you had attended in other countries.

:cheers:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 IPSC Pan American Shotgun

Co-Match Director

Dang you guys are just about talking me into going to the Pan Am Shotgun match as well.

Linda, thank you very much for those kind words. PSG (practical shotgun)matches are definitely my most favorite of all the practical shooting sports, simply because they can be so diverse, given the various types of ammunition available.

I know that the HPSC will present every competitor with targets presentations, start positions, loading sequences, and other skills that they will need to be competitive in an IPSC PSG match.

Trapr