Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New XL 650

E5MC

I recently purchased a new Dillon 650. For now I need to set in up for 9MM. I will be mainly loading for Glocks but see a 1911 in 9MM in my future.. What brand of dies should I purchase. I noticed some loaders on BE use a different brand of die at each station. Inquiring minds need to know. Is the Lee FCD die a Must have item? How about a competition seating die. I would rather only cry once while tooling up and get the proper tooling up front. My loads primarily will be for the games with occasional runs of defense practice rounds. I'm pretty much sold on MG pills.

Hello: Use the Dillon dies all around. Make sure the sizer/decap die hits the shellplate and you should be good when loading 9mm. I used to use the EGW "U" die but found the plain Dillon die works in my Glocks and 1911's in 9mm. 40 is a different story though. Thanks, Eric

Buy the Lee "U" die for the 1st. stage... You wont be sorry... You will save LOTS of no go ammo. I have 3 Dillon 550's, have owned 2 650's... been reloading since GOD was a baby. I USED to have no go ammo.... CALL EGW ASAP... spend the $$$ now!!!! MIKE ( age 68 ).... BEEN THERE!!

If you are going to load for a Glock and and a 1911 you are probably going to be loading to different lengths. Regardless of the other dies I'd go with a Redding Competition seating dies because the micrometer make it trivial to make the change your seating depth for different loads.