Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Update on MGM/AMU Jr. Camp

Lots of good things going on at the camp this year kids!! First off, DPMS has ironed out all of the details and Remington is going to donate all of the ammo again this year!! WOHOO!!!

Glock is going to be a major sponsor again this year and not only are they sending us cool goodies, they are also going to try and send a couple of their sponsored shooters. You might have heard of them..Randi Rogers...winner of the 2009 Ladies L10 USPSA Nationals? She'll be there for all three days. The other person they are trying to send is a guy by the name of Dave Sevigny...winner of the 2009 L10 USPSA Nationals. Like the AMU team isn't enough!!

Next on the list is Michael Bane with Shooting Gallery is going to be out to the camp this year. This show is on Wednesday nights on the Outdoor chanel and is a nationally aired show. We'll make ya famous!!

Rob Leatham is going to be back this year for Saturday night with the kids and an afternoon class with the parents.

What else could you ask for!?!?! :goof: This is going to be great!!! If you haven't signed up yet, there are still a couple of spots available, but don't wait. Contact Rhonda Gibson at rhonda@mgmtargets.com.

Adios,

TG

ETA: removal of "Two Daves"

Edited by tgibson

Thanks for supporting the sport. I know that MGM has been sponsoring matches all year in Colorado, in this economic climate it's a great thing to see!

We are happy to do it. The events that we get thank you's and business from, get the sponsorships!

Adios,

TG

Keep it going MGM and all the other sponsers, i'll have grand kids some day!!

I am a junior shooter that is going to the camp. I can't wait to get there. So what do we do? Just pick up the ammo at the camp? Also, can anyone tell me the exact adress of the camp.

Edited by jkatz44

I am a junior shooter that is going to the camp. I can't wait to get there. So what do we do? Just pick up the ammo at the camp? Also, can anyone tell me the exact adress of the camp.

Last year they had us pick it up in a shed at the range. I'm guessing it will be the same this year.

All the 40 ammo is with a 180grn bullet and the 9mm (I think) is with a 115grn bullet. Make sure you are sighted in...

Have fun!

Last year they had us pick it up in a shed at the range. I'm guessing it will be the same this year.

All the 40 ammo is with a 180grn bullet and the 9mm (I think) is with a 115grn bullet. Make sure you are sighted in...

Have fun!

any way to find out which types they will supply, just because then we could go out and buy some to just sight in and get the feel etc....

Edited by 2 para's

Travis,

I want to meet Dave Dave :P

Would it really be so hard to pm me instead of bringing my stupidity to everyones attention :roflol: Getting two first names is what happens when I cut and past names to ensure correct spelling.... :D

Adios,

TG

Have fun!

any way to find out which types they will supply, just because then we could go out and buy some to just sight in and get the feel etc....

THIS is what I THINK you are getting. As stated above, in 180 for the .40 and 115 for the 9mm.

Adios,

TG

I am so bummed... Nick Santiago will probably have to miss this due to prior commitments and scheduling conflicts (notably balancing Area-2 on 9-16 NOV with school and work). Still trying to work a miracle so he can make it, but odds are slim...

This camp is such an awesome opportunity for the kids. I highly encourage any juniors who are able, GO.

I am so bummed... Nick Santiago will probably have to miss this due to prior commitments and scheduling conflicts (notably balancing Area-2 on 9-16 NOV with school and work). Still trying to work a miracle so he can make it, but odds are slim...

This camp is such an awesome opportunity for the kids. I highly encourage any juniors who are able, GO.

Same with me, between football and school anything in the fall is hard for me to make. It was luck that I got to come last year...

Have fun!

I'm pretty sure we had Remington UMC last year. Any factory ammo with the same weight bullet will be close though. If you can't find UMC.

Have fun!

I'm pretty sure we had Remington UMC last year. Any factory ammo with the same weight bullet will be close though. If you can't find UMC.

I have 2 questions. 1. Is the 9mm UMC metal cased? 2. What would be the best way to sight in my M&P with Remington ammo?

Jason

Have fun!

I have 2 questions. 1. Is the 9mm UMC metal cased? 2. What would be the best way to sight in my M&P with Remington ammo?

Jason

Brass cased. Sight in at 17 yards, know where you're hitting at 25.

More good stuff happening...Warne Scope Mounts, Sheepdog Ammo, and one other sponsor from last year have all agreed to make donations to send a deserving student to the camp. These funds are meant for a student that would not normally be able to come due to financial limitations. I think we'll be able to cover the camp tuition and travel expenses for the student at least. If you know someone that would be a good candidate for this position, please send an e mail to my REGULAR e mail address. DON'T RESPOND HERE. travis@mgmtargets.com

If you know of any kids that are not signed up, please let them know about this. We have four spots left and would love to have a full class this year!!

Adios,

TG

Forget about the rest of the people, I want to see Rhonda, Mike, and Travis again! Just kidding...pretty much everyone we met at last year's camp was great.

I am bummed that Nick can't make it. I got to talk to him some last year and he is an impressive example of what our youth can be.

It doesn't seem possible to express how grateful we are to everyone involved for putting this on. This is the high point of 2009 for my son, Tommy, and he has been talking about it all year.