Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Official "US Production Challenge" match announcement

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BWAHAHAHAHAH My evil mind has been overactive with ideas. So far I have two stages drawn up (yet to send them in) with lots more in the works. A nice mix of up close and fast mixed with long shots, hard cover targets and steel (although not together). So far I have some nice field courses with a huge crash factor and lots of different ways to shoot each of them. :devil:

Joe W.

All 32 round stages?

I understand what you're trying to do but I think its a shame to not have some smaller stages.

One thing I felt was lacking from Production Nationals was a couple of 9, 10, or 11 round stages with

a risk/reward factor. Get your hits and skip the reload type things.

Just my 2 cents, I'm looking forward to the match.

I understand the purpose of the shorter stages and I agree with you about them. In 2011, if this match dose well, I will have those short stages for you. I'll just have to have more stages to get the round count high.

Steve,

Is the concept for the stage design something like the Double Tap where you want to have pretty much hoser stages? What will the flavor of the match be?

No I'm not looking for hoser stages. My team and I will only choose well planed stages for the match. The reason for 32 rounds for each stage 1.) It helps make the stage design fair that way people are not using round count when they vote for the best stage. 2.) Every stage has the same weight on the match (5.55% of the match). If someone were to (and we know this never happens) have a jam on a stage that had less rounds they would not be hurt as much as someone who had a jam on a bigger stage. That is why 32 rounds per stage.

I plan on having a standards stage at this match

I want to see some distance shots, as well as so up close.

But I really want to see some Cool stages.

I hope this answers your question.

That's a lot of reloading. I'm gonna have to start the 1 arm curls again to get in shape :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

To help keep things up to date. I plan on having the entry forms on the web page NOV 1 2009. Because I have rented the Ranges at USSA, there will also be a waiver to fill out and send in with your entry form.

Thank you to the many that have sent in stages already, It will be hard to pick the stages for the match. There is still plenty of time to come up with more stages and send them in. So keep em' coming.

I would love to give production a try one of these days and this may be the match to do it in. I just hope the dates don't conflict with next years Area 4 championship. The dates for the production match are pretty close to what A4 was this year.

I would love to make it to this match but It would be hard to get to OK from Ohio. I will look at it again as time goes by and see if I can do it.

There are a few of us heading down from the Cleveland/Akron area. maybe a car pool/caravan.

This looks and sounds like a blast. The concept and everything!!!

Can't wait......now I need to buy a production set up, or.....

Does anyone have a M&P they will let me barrow for a year?

Edited by fortyfiveshooter

• 2 weeks later...

If you were looking for the entry form today it is not on the page. I'm am having a problem getting it to post and my tech guy is working on it right now. I should have it up no later then Monday Night the 2nd.

Also the squad format will be changing to a 1/2 day format because of daylight savings time. I just don't think it would be safe having people shooting just before the sun comes up.

The stages I got this month have been good and there is still plenty of time to get your stages in for the match. We will be choosing the best 17 stages (the 18th stage is a standards stage) So keep them coming in.

Thanks Chuck the dates are still 2010. I'll have that changed soon.

Am I missing something? Isn't it supposed to be October 2010, as in next year?

BTW, Steve,,,I hope you don't have too many TURN then DRAW stages...haha. I'll be there though. Sounds like a ton of fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow where did November go? To update people on the match I have found a match hotel, just working on rates with them, I will post that as soon as everything is good to go on that.

For those of you that have called/e-mailed me about RO jobs I will begin calling today so that you can make plans for travel. I still need more RO's to sign up if you are willing and have that Quals send me an e-mail.

The stages that I got this month are great

And if you plan on sending in any stages you have until February 1 2010 to get in those stages.