Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE for 2010 Caswell Ranch NEWS

Caswell Ranch will be holding 1st-- U.S.OPEN ICORE CHAMPIONSHIP

Who---------Caswell Ranch Shooting Sports LLC

When -------October 2010 (dates to follow)

Where-------Caswell Ranch,Prospect Hill, North Carolina.

Stages-------20 (by ICORE Rules)

Rounds-------350+

Fee-----------$100.oo

This will be three days of shooting

more info to follow in the next few months.

I know this is a long time out but I need time to plan, get RO's etc, shooters need time to plan the events they wish to attend/time off work/money the list goes on, so I figured I would post this now and start the ball rolling.

Regards,

DB

This will definitely be on my schedule and you might consider approaching the ICORE board and ask to host the IRC. According to what I have heard there was some rumblings at the ICORE board meeting and it led to resignations and the people that brought plans for the 2010 IRC also pulled them. So as of right now the is not any plans or anybody to run a 2010 IRC. This would be an excellent opportunity to have the IRC on the east coast.

The board would help with money to travel to the SHOT Show to help land prizes for the prize table or I think they would as they have done this in the past. I think this would be a great opportunity for ICORE and the IRC to maybe reach that 250 to 300 mark for competitors as you would be able to draw from the eastern part of the states. Either way count me in.

Good Morning,

This sounds great!

Not that you will plan your match around me, but IDPA is my main game as ICORE and USPSA clubs are not as prevalent in my area. IDPA Nationals, the Blackwater Shootout, and the Connecticut and Maine State Championships, as well as the East Coast ICORE Championship, are all in or just before October, when in October would you be running this match?

Thank you,

Ken

Dean,

You know you can count me in, any help you need (RO, set up, whatever). My son will probably even join ICORE and he's going to shoot the Postal Match. This thing WILL grow. Please set a dress code for the match, as we don't want Cliff Walsh shooting in a Speedo any more !! Ant Hill range usually has 6 or 7 revo shooters every month, lets get them up here and Myrtle Beach area has a few.

Good Morning,

This sounds great!

Not that you will plan your match around me, but IDPA is my main game as ICORE and USPSA clubs are not as prevalent in my area. IDPA Nationals, the Blackwater Shootout, and the Connecticut and Maine State Championships, as well as the East Coast ICORE Championship, are all in or just before October, when in October would you be running this match?

Thank you,

Ken

Hi Ken,

I will have a better idea of the date by the weekend, IDPA Nats is norm Sept (this weekend) as is ICORE East Coast, in NC October is a dry cool month this is a big factor, I know having shot a lot of matches it is nice to not be cooking when doing it.

Regards,

DB

Dean,

You know you can count me in, any help you need (RO, set up, whatever). My son will probably even join ICORE and he's going to shoot the Postal Match. This thing WILL grow. Please set a dress code for the match, as we don't want Cliff Walsh shooting in a Speedo any more !! Ant Hill range usually has 6 or 7 revo shooters every month, lets get them up here and Myrtle Beach area has a few.

I am up for shooting ICORE, and I shoot at Ant Hill Range quite often. Any chance that I could catch up with other revolver shooters that have experience with ICORE, so that I could be brought up to speed with the sport?

Dean,

I am up for shooting ICORE, and I shoot at Ant Hill Range quite often. Any chance that I could catch up with other revolver shooters that have experience with ICORE, so that I could be brought up to speed with the sport?

I've only shot one match soo far, but what I've learned is slow down a bit and get all "A" 's. Best way to describe ICORE other than great fun is, revolver only USPSA. The match I shot was 5 stages and I tried a different approach to each one. The front sight in the middle of the target is key, you can't afford targets of 1- "A"/ 1"C" as the seconds added (1 for "B" and 2 for "C" and a "M" is 5 seconds added) will kill what would have been a great USPSA run. Hope that helps some.

Dean, Is the name US Open just a name or is the for Open (Only) Icore? It is probably just me either way it looks like a match I would want to attend even if Smilin Dean is there. :rolleyes: Thanks for the Butt Whuppin at the Mid-West Revoman. :angry2: Later rdd :cheers:

Hi Bubber,

Not just open division only, U.S.Open just as it is in golf and other sports, open to all revolver shooters. This is an ICORE match and will be run by ICORE rules.

ICORE allows none members to shoot in competitions, this allows for the title of U.S.Open ICORE Championship.

IDPA etc cannot have such a match by rules you have to be a member to shoot a major match.

Regards,

DB

Edited by CRDB

DB,

You might want to check with Hopalong and make sure that the two of you are not conflicting. Maybe work out a schedule that brings the best wheelgunners to both matches.

James

As I see it he is posting for a match this October, I'm setting up for October 2010, takes time to ramp up for a real big match.

Regards,

DB

Yes,

But he has stated that the Memphis Challenge would be an annual event. Given the growth of two major Revolver Matches in the southeast I would hate to see things conflict and the matches hurt each other.

I second this sentiment. I would love to attend both events next year, so I would hope for the schedules not to clash.

Dean, Is the name US Open just a name or is the for Open (Only) Icore? It is probably just me either way it looks like a match I would want to attend even if Smilin Dean is there. :rolleyes: Thanks for the Butt Whuppin at the Mid-West Revoman. :angry2: Later rdd :cheers:

Well lets not forget all the butt whippins I received in the past from you. It just felt good to actually win the whole enchilada. Now for the bad news or maybe good news to some :D , Since the regional I have been laid up with a bum knee and I finally got it fixed on Sept 17. They had to fix my meniscus, acl and remove all the cartlidge from behind the knee cap. Being old and fat also doesn't help in the recovery. Oh by the way I did miss you at the victory meal at Rick's house and I tried to be as humble as I could be. :devil:

See Ya

Dean

Hi All,

Looking at October 7th through 9th--2010 as the match dates, RO's/staff can shoot 5th and 6th or all on one day, squads for shooters would run one day squads for Thursday 7th, other squads would run Fri/am--Sat/pm the other half would run Fri/pm--Sat/am, ( e.g.half match at a time if you are on a squad Fri/am you would shoot half the match Fri morning the other half Sat afternoon)

Match will be set with key stages on both days, so if you don't have a good day on the first half, it's not over, will be room to make a come back.(10 stages per day)

Regards,

DB

Edited by CRDB

Hi All,

Looking at October 7th through 9th--2010 as the match dates, RO's/staff can shoot 5th and 6th or all on one day, squads for shooters would run one day squads for Thursday 7th, other squads would run Fri/am--Sat/pm the other half would run Fri/pm--Sat/am, ( e.g.half match at a time if you are on a squad Fri/am you would shoot half the match Fri morning the other half Sat afternoon)

Match will be set with key stages on both days, so if you don't have a good day on the first half, it's not over, will be room to make a come back.(10 stages per day)

Regards,

DB

Penciling it in on my calendar. This is something that I don't plan to miss! :D

what would really be awesome is one match one weekend and the other the next....... that way you only have to make one trip out east and shoot both weekends.....

That is what I was hoping for. You could shoot one match, spend the week vacationing, and then shoot the other match the following week-end. Seems very doable this far out.

Tom