Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lefties making the switch to wrong handed shooting?

blind bat

• 3 months later...

I'm a lefty. And, I'm right eye dominant. I shoot right handed.

Thanks to the sisters of St. Mary's, I've never had a problem doing anything right handed. When I hold my pen in my left hand to write though, I can still feel the burn of that wooden ruler. :wacko:

I think Rob Leatham is a lefty but shoots righty.

Well yes, but Robbie is also functionally ambidextrous. We're talking a guy who can play with butterfly knives with his left and right hands - at the same time.

Rob is left eye dominant and shoots right handed?

Almost 100% sure Im left eye dominant, after reading a lot here maybe I should learn the left handed shooting.

Why? If you've been reading here, you know that being cross-dominant is simply no big deal. Right?

Shouldn't be that hard to figure out your dominant eye.

The big issue is when you where Rx with bifocals like me. Shoot Left, right eye dom. As of now I close the right. 50 years of shooting like this and I am not about to change. I am throwing $$ and technology at it to figure it out.

I worked with my eye doc (gun in office) and Rudy Project are make some new glasses for me. I will keep testing out Rx lenses until I get something that works. See thead here Rx Bifocals cross eye dom research

• 2 weeks later...

I canned the idea of changing over to right handed shooting. Instead I've started taking lesson's from Mike Briggs @ New England Tactical. Having a master class shooter look at my technique (or lack there of) and equipment has done wonders for my shooting.

Matt2Ace - Your shirt kicks arse!!!

Our host, Brian Enos, is cross dominant. So is Dave Sevigny. Doesn't seem to be holding them back. So am I, for that matter. It's simply no big deal. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Who knew. I shot with robby this summer and saw him go from writing the times on the board left handed, to shooting right handed. I asked him about it (I shoot the same way right eye dominent, left handed, shooting right handed) and he just laughed and said he was confused when it came to being right/left handed. There goes my best excuse.