Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy a shooting shirt?

DarthMuffin

Does anyone know of any place online to buy techwear/reviwear type shooting shirts? I'm specifically looking for a polo type.

I don't want to design a custom shirt and order a dozen, and I don't want to call someone and be asked lots of design questions I don't know the answer to. I just want to click and order a shirt, the design doesn't much matter.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info all. Techwear didn't have online ordering last time I checked. I'll give that a try.

I gave them a call to order and it was very easy and smooth. Took about 3 minutes.

huge +1 on a stock Techwear polo.

Steve

+1 Techwear - I love them. Pretty much don't go shooting without one.

Forgive me as I am new. But do these shirts somehow make you a better shooter or something. That is id you look the part.....i.e. a "professional" then you are somehow magically transformed. Seems like Addidas make a breathable fabric shirt as well as others....that would work just as good. I guess I just don't get the "shirt" thing?

Forgive me as I am new. But do these shirts somehow make you a better shooter or something. That is id you look the part.....i.e. a "professional" then you are somehow magically transformed. Seems like Addidas make a breathable fabric shirt as well as others....that would work just as good. I guess I just don't get the "shirt" thing?

Its like a lowering kit on your 92 honda civic. Doesn't mean its fast and handles well... only looks like it.

Well looking cool is great and that's definitely important. :rolleyes: But Techwear fits snug without binding, it doesn't get caught in your gear, it breathes when you are wearing it, it's durable, you can wash them in the sink and they dry in a few hours, so one shirt can do for a whole 2-3 day match, where I live-its tropical 90 degrees and 90% humidity a lot, they are the best shirt for pushing a lot of sweat through, you can towel off through them-so we wear them for practice as well, and they have collars so your neck doesn't get too red, they have zippers so you can get them off easy at the end of the day when you are bone tired, and they are the best yet for shooting. I am not affiliated with TechWear, and I do not know the owners-I do know they support USPSA. I probably missed something. Revi-O is good, too, just not quite as breathable. I have a D-Shoot I like a lot (from Double Alpha). I have a lot of Nike and Speedo sports gear, Dry-fit is ok, but really can stick to you and bind when it's snug enough for shooting. The stuff with Spandex in it is good, but is dreadful in high heat and humidity. So try a TechWear and be converted. Or just wear your favorite t-shirt. It's all good. DVC

Edited for correction-you can buy Revi-O online, you can get Techwear by purchasing them when you sign up for some matches and online.

Edited by Jadeslade

Darn, I was really looking forward to a magical transformation. ;)

Get the Harry Potter invisiblity style from TechWear. It's great for getting ice at midnight in your motel without putting on all the clothes you just washed in the sink. I know I am magically transformed by my shooting shirt-I think you just need to let it happen. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info all. Techwear didn't have online ordering last time I checked. I'll give that a try.

Were you using internet explorer? I don't think their page likes firefox.

FWIW, They do great work, and ship promptly, especially if you tell them its for a specific match.

Edited by bbbean

I've never met anyone from Adidas at a match, but Joe and Sue are at the nats - as competitors. Nice to support our own.

Were you using internet explorer? I don't think their page likes firefox.

FWIW, They do great work, and ship promptly, especially if you tell them its for a specific match.

That could explain it. I used firefox at home when I last checked Techwear's site, and IE at work when I ordered the shirt.

Darn, I was really looking forward to a magical transformation. ;)

That's because you don't have flames on your shirt. Everyone knows that flames make you faster! :lol:

CIMG0393.jpg

I have plenty of Nike dri-fit shirts and while they work ok, the Techwear shirts are made for the shooter in mind as others have mentioned. I am fortunate enough to shoot with Joe and Bob and not only are they great guys and great shooters, they support the sport so I support them.

Techwear shirts are nice. I can respect that they support the sport, and thus deserve support themselves.

That said I wear Under Armour or Adidas shirts that wick away sweat very nicely. The Adidas shirt is the type that the Newcastle United Football (Soccer) Club wears, and has a collar. The Under Armour shirt I wear under a referee shirt (the black and white stripe type). You can find shirts of either type at sporting goods stores, but I would suggest Techwear if you are simply looking for a great looking shooting shirt.

I personally like wearing shirts that represent other sports than the one that I am participating in. I wear shirts with shooting sports images to fencing competitions, and other sports related shirts at shooting events. Were I to choose to wear a shooting sport related shirt to a shooting match, a Techwear shirt would be at the top of my list.

It's too funny to see people try to figure out the Newcastle United shirt when I am at shooting matches. They seem to figure that it must be a shooting related shirt, and are perplexed when it is nothing like they expect. :lol:

Techwear shirts are nice. I can respect that they support the sport, and thus deserve support themselves.

That said I wear Under Armour or Adidas shirts that wick away sweat very nicely. The Adidas shirt is the type that the Newcastle United Football (Soccer) Club wears, and has a collar. The Under Armour shirt I wear under a referee shirt (the black and white stripe type). You can find shirts of either type at sporting goods stores, but I would suggest Techwear if you are simply looking for a great looking shooting shirt.

I personally like wearing shirts that represent other sports than the one that I am participating in. I wear shirts with shooting sports images to fencing competitions, and other sports related shirts at shooting events. Were I to choose to wear a shooting sport related shirt to a shooting match, a Techwear shirt would be at the top of my list.

It's too funny to see people try to figure out the Newcastle United shirt when I am at shooting matches. They seem to figure that it must be a shooting related shirt, and are perplexed when it is nothing like they expect. :lol:

The English Premier League Rocks!!!!