Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cost Of A New Glock 24

Dowter

My dad called Glock up and they gave him some spiel on how since the Glock 24 is disconitinued that it is a collectors item and goes for about $1500 on the open market. Both of our BS detectors went way off.

About what is the going rate for a G24, since I'm thinking about switching to a Glock for limited division.

-Vince

Now I like Glocks and all, but a $1500 Glock (essentially from the factory)?!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It better come with a virgin or two. :P

Dowter,

You could get any 17 size frame(22,34,35, whatever the 357 SIG is) and get a 24 slide and barrell.

why are you thinking of doing this? Is Limited getting too easy for you with your current blaster? B)

Tom Bergman

"Now I like Glocks and all, but a $1500 Glock (essentially from the factory)?!

It better come with a virgin or two."

Sorta reminds me of those 4-figure engraved Glocks we saw being "auctioned" or whatever.... yeh, right.
"Both of our BS detectors went way off."
Right on again. ;)

Dowter,

You could get any 17 size frame(22,34,35, whatever the 357 SIG is) and get a 24 slide and barrell.

Tom Bergman

I don't think that it would be legal for USPSA Limited. I think that flexmoney might have been considering something like this(larger barrel on a smaller frame/slide) but found out it was illegal.

Before youbuy one check out the 35 for limited. Much better handling and balance.

How so?

I figured that since many people were going to the 6inch on the 1911 frame that I would give it a try too.

Didn't TGO shoot a single stack 6inch at last years L10 nationals?

Here are my reasons to try the 6inch over the 5.3inch.

1. Longer sight radius.(easier to shoot)

2. More accurate.(not that important in IPSC but still...)

3. Less powder charge to make major.(softer)

4. Less muzzel flip since there's more weight out front.

Dowter i agree with all your points execpt for the accurate part. there should be no differnts in the barrel and lock up so they should be the same.

i also like the longer sights and the feel over the 35. but if i was starting agian i'd get a 35 as it will fit the ipsc box and allow you to shoot production. even Idpa if you want.

i also like the longer sights and the feel over the 35. but if i was starting agian i'd get a 35 as it will fit the ipsc box and allow you to shoot production. even Idpa if you want.

This won't be a production gun for me. It will be totally USPSA Limited.

I'm not planning to shoot in bangladesh any time soon so USPSA divisions will be good enough for me.

I'll probably be shooting in bangladesh before I shoot in IDPA again. :P

Dowter,

I think you'd be fine with the G24 slide on top of the G35/22.  But, as mentioned, it would be too long to be Production legal.

So the rule is that you can change the length of the barrel IF you also change the length of the slide? So for example, you can't have a six inch barrel sticking out of a G35 unless you get a six inch slide?

I think the rule is that you can't change caliber. Putting alonger barrell/slide on a 35/22 wouldn't be any different than putting a 6"slide on a government model 1911. I'm sure Flex will correct me if I'm wrong here.

Additionally, the 17,34,22,35, 17L,24,and 32 model Glock frames are all basically identical. They are not labeld for caliber. The slides are though. I wouldn't feel I was cheating the rules by putting a 34 top end on my 35 frame to shoot production. I guess Mr. Amidon should be consulted before attempting this.

Tom Bergman

Twix,

If that's the case , it might be cheaper for me to just get a cheap beaten up full size glock frame and start from there, since what I'm planning isn't going to be using too many of the original glock parts anyhow.

"They are not labeled for caliber"

So basically the only way to tell that a glock barrel is wrong caliber for a glock frame is to do a serial number search with the glock company? (Essentially meaning that the rule would be impractical to enforce for glocks :rolleyes: )

"Additionally, the 17,34,22,35, 17L,24,and 32 model Glock frames are all basically identical. "

"basically identical" and "identical" can be two very different things. So which is it? :)

If that's the case , it might be cheaper for me to just get a cheap beaten up full size glock frame and start from there,

Ooops, I just saw that a slide(with none of the internals) for a G24 goes for $310. Maybe I should just get the G24 in the first place.

Glock had some 24 top ends around 8 months ago new at the warehouse. I purchased two complete with barrel for 350 each. A real deal!! A friend purchased the other one and if he wants to sell it I'll post it tomorrow for him. It has not been shot for sure! I ran one on my 35 for several months and traded it in on a 1911. I'll check with the smith here in Naples and see if he still has it. (Wayne Bergquist), Old John

Glock had some 24 top ends around 8 months ago new at the warehouse. I purchased two complete with barrel for 350 each. A real deal!! A friend purchased the other one and if he wants to sell it I'll post it tomorrow for him. It has not been shot for sure! I ran one on my 35 for several months and traded it in on a 1911. I'll check with the smith here in Naples and see if he still has it. (Wayne Bergquist), Old John

That's a good price but even with that price that means that I would have to get a complete lower for about $230 to beat a G24 for $580.

Thanks, but I'll probably just try to get a G24 than try to put one together.

The only problem with a G24 barrel in the G35 slide is that the barrel hangs out. Amidon's opinion was that the barrel sticking out past the slide constituted an "external weight to reduce recoil".

The only frame differences, besides the finger grooves and accesory rails, worth noting is the single vs. double pins in the locking block. Get a 3-pin frame (two in the locking block).

I'm not planning to shoot in bangladesh any time soon so USPSA divisions will be good enough for me.

I'll probably be shooting in bangladesh before I shoot in IDPA again.  :P

one of my fears is some day they'll give us the boxand i'll have to change guns. plus if they ever have a world shoot here agian i think that i'd like to give it a try.