Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cost Of A New Glock 24

Dowter

Note, if you shoot a world shoot then the 9mm is the more advantageous round to shoot 'cause there is no capacity limit (other than size limitations - to generalize) and you can get more 9s in a mag than .40s.

Note, if you shoot a world shoot then the 9mm is the more advantageous round to shoot 'cause there is no capacity limit (other than size limitations - to generalize) and you can get more 9s in a mag than .40s.

If you don't mind losing 1 point for every C and D zone hit. :o

Yeah, Dowter, if you're starting from scratch Glockwise, get the $580 one, sure. If you were planning on using a Caspian slide and aftermarket barrell you would be better starting with a 3 pin frame(newer model, it is a little stronger) like flex says.

Skeeter, why did you say you would just as soon start with a g35 if you had to do it over?

Tom Bergman

I figured that since many people were going to the 6inch on the 1911 frame that I would give it a try too.

Here are my reasons to try the 6inch over the 5.3inch.

1. Longer sight radius.(easier to shoot)

2. More accurate.(not that important in IPSC but still...)

3. Less powder charge to make major.(softer)

4. Less muzzel flip since there's more weight out front.

A single stack has a metal frame which makes the balance of a 6 inch far different than a glock. The longer slide will also be slower which can translate to more muzzle flip and recoil. You will likely only save 0.1-0.2 grains of powder with the 6 inch.

Dowter,

reading between the lines here --- I think that what Matt's saying is: just because something produces a certain result on a 1911/2011 platform isn't a valid indication that it will produce the same result on a Glock...

Sure, but certain results on a different platform would seem to give some inductive evidence that they may occur on another platform being as how they both are more similiar than dissimiliar.

awwwh...heck.

You've talked about that G24 long enough...you know that is what you really want to try. Go for it!

LOL. I posted a WTB in the classifieds about 10 minutes ago. Wanting one and finding one for a decent price might be two different things. I was just at the gun show at the Monoreville Expo Mart today and couldn't find one. They had a nice selection of full auto weapons but no G24.