Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

21 SF cracked frame

kimberacp

I had a lower case seperation this afternoon. The trigger is cracked and the slide would not come off. I got the slide off but the magazine is stuck in the frame. Anyway, replacing the trigger would not be too bad, I thought but I noticed the frame is cracked where the ejector is located.

How can I fix that or can I get a replacement frame from glock? Even I pay for it.

thanks

I had a lower case seperation this afternoon. The trigger is cracked and the slide would not come off. I got the slide off but the magazine is stuck in the frame. Anyway, replacing the trigger would not be too bad, I thought but I noticed the frame is cracked where the ejector is located.

How can I fix that or can I get a replacement frame from glock? Even I pay for it.

thanks

Back in late May, I had basically the same thing happen with a Glock 35 with my reloads, a bullet set-back or double charge being the most likely causes. The gun was toast - frame, slide, barrel, trigger. After talking to Chris at GSSF, I sent the stripped slide and frame back to Glock along with a straightforward, honest letter explaining what happened. About a month later, I received a call from Glock offering me a new gun at a substantial discount and a refurbished gun for even less. I chose a new gun and am still waiting for delivery as their production is backlogged. It did cost me, but then Glock didn't have to do anything. Honesty does pay. As an aside, you might check Glockmeister as they had some frames only for sale, although I don't recall a 21SF listed.

I would agree with all the above - a lot of times we want a company to stand behind their warranty even if we do something that is outside the scope of what is covered, but then we are asking them to pay for our own mistake.

If it was indeed factory ammo, great - you are covered. If not just say so.

If I am reading this right, this crack is probably not in a high-stress area, so it might run just dandy. Pictures of the carnage would help, if possible.

IIRC, 21SF frames are actually offered as a replacement part for those 21 owners who wanted to upgrade on the cheap.

If it turns out that the frame is not usable nor covered under warranty, I would ask about just purchasing a replacement.

I had the same experience, and it sacred the poo poo out of me. My first DQ as well. Glock 35, bent the extractor channel, bent the plunger, blew apart the magazine. Glock told me I voided the warranty by using reloads, no help from them. I fixed it myself and put it in the safe and bought a all metal gun. Still works though.

I called this morning and all they said was to send in the complete gun for inspection and ONLY 47.00 dollars for a complete frame replacement. Along with a letter stating why am sending the gun in and with contact info and the FFL dealer for returning the gun.

Of course I will have to go through DOJ and DROS the gun again and pay a transfer fee to the FFL dealer.

thanks