Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ordered my new Limited rig.

astephenson

I've shot Production a few times in the past year or two and decided to jump into Limited. I shot a match with my Glock 24 using my IDPA/Production rig at a local match last month and enjoyed the heck out of it. I recently decided to get the "right" gear for the job.

Today I ordered from www.cpwsa.com (talked to Chris...what a nice guy!):

CR Speed Deluxe red belt

3 CR Speed versa pouches

3 Dawson Glock magazine extensions

Dawson ICE Magwell

I've got Chris Stewart of Ready Tactical making me a dropped/offset holster for the 24. I'm fortunate to be local to him and will pick up the holster at an IDPA match this Saturday.

What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?

All good stuff that should work nicely. I'd get more mags set up with extensions as three total really isn't enough. There are some classifiers where you'll want more than three mags so you don't have to use one you've already dropped for a reload. Also, if you only have three and start with one in the gun and two on your belt on a long field course you might be asking for trouble.....it's possible to knock one out of a pouch during the COF and have a problem after the reload and not have a spare. I think 3 on the belt and one for the gun is a much safer setup. I've actually hit a doorframe and had two mags knocked out (you should have heard everybody gasp!), but I finished the stage (32rd field course) just fine because I had two more on my belt. R,

I'd get more mags set up with extensions as three total really isn't enough.

Agreed. For now, stick an old double mag pouch with a couple standard mags behind your hip. You can use them in an emergency or use them as a first mag in courses where you know you need to change mags early on - make the most of what you have.

Looks like a fine setup.

What do you guys think?

All good stuff that should work nicely. I'd get more mags set up with extensions as three total really isn't enough. There are some classifiers where you'll want more than three mags so you don't have to use one you've already dropped for a reload. Also, if you only have three and start with one in the gun and two on your belt on a long field course you might be asking for trouble.....it's possible to knock one out of a pouch during the COF and have a problem after the reload and not have a spare. I think 3 on the belt and one for the gun is a much safer setup. I've actually hit a doorframe and had two mags knocked out (you should have heard everybody gasp!), but I finished the stage (32rd field course) just fine because I had two more on my belt. R,

You're right, and I have thought about that. The problem is that I ran out of my allotted money for this month with the stuff I ordered. :D Next month I'll be picking up a couple more mag extensions and some sights (the jury's still out on what I want to get...I have Sevigny's on my 34 and I'm not sure if I wanna go with those or get something adjustable).

I figure I can keep a non-extended mag in the third pouch for emergencies and "thumb it in" if I need to.

+1 on more mags. I run 3 on the belt, start off with one from the pocket and have a top off in the back pocket. At Area 8 I was not the only one to run out from under my mags, they had several long dashes about 30 yeards, lots of walls to bump etc. That back pocket mag came out in one stage.

I have 6 but 5 is plenty too many, unless you are lazy about cleaning them, yes glock mags get dirty and they don't have a dish washer at the range, get a mag brush. :roflol:

Sounds like a good start to me. I can relate to being on a budget when it comes to shooting stuff. As time and funds permit I would suggest getting one more mag pouch, get to the line with four mags on your belt and your start mag in your pocket. As it been said, it is hard to have too much ammo on your belt but pretty freakin easy to run out. lol Drop a mag or two and you will feel the same way. lol Even though I shoot open I never go to the line with less than four mags on me, having fumbled a mag change or two and watched my mags head into low earth orbit I feel it is better to be a little over prepaired. :)

Joe W.

• 2 weeks later...