Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun Match

I believe the term used was "wilderness camping" available. I'll tell you though, with town just 8 or 9 miles north I'm pretty sure we'll be in a hotel. Unless M ammo has a line on a really nice camper to hook to my generator. I must say though, the hot tub at the hotel was really nice after that frozen first day.

Meh, I camped in a tent for both days out there last year. Im just sorry that my thermarest got a hole in it friday night. It made Sat night suck balls.

I look at it as a good approach to my skills. If you cant do it cold wet and tired....

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine in the mail yeasterday. should be there today! :cheers:

Linda,

Will we be allowed to bring a 4 wheeler to run between the stage bays or does it have to be an electric golf cart?

I know last year there were several 4 wheelers and several golf carts running around @ tiger valley.

Brad

Edited by B_Ayers

Linda,

Will we be allowed to bring a 4 wheeler to run between the stage bays or does it have to be an electric golf cart?

I know last year there were several 4 wheelers and several golf carts running around @ tiger valley.

Brad

Hey Brad - welcome to the Board!

P.S. - Sent my app in today (watched the post office guy put today's post-mark on it - had to be sure, right). Last years LaRue Tactical match rivaled this years FB3G - both absolutely excellent. This is gonna be a good one.

Doug

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

Linda,

Brad

The range owner stated in another forum that quads, utvs, carts, RVs, camping were ok. No electricity available for the RVs or campers. Probably be best to wait until the match directors gives his ok too.

mike

Thanks Doug!

Yep, this is really going to be great with the match in our backyard.....

After going up and watching last year's match, I knew I had to try and shoot it this year.

Not to sure how well I will do, but half the fun is going and trying..

I might need to bend your ear a little when I get the money in from a couple of big jobs we are working. (thinking new shotgun for the match).

Kevin if you are lurking around, thank you for the heads up on the match.

BTW: when will we get a round count for the match?

later,

Brad

Edited by B_Ayers

A few questions have popped in to my head...

The rules indicate "factory configuration" for the weapons involved... how is that defined? For example:

• My 1911 does not have a magwell, but some 1911's come from the factory with a magwell... can I put one on mine?
  • Can I put a Sage stock on an M1A, or do I need to use standard stock (Heavy class)?
  • My AR has an aftermarket LT rail, is that OK (not heavy class)?

There is a small chance I will be unavailable that weekend... are the fees refundable?

Any idea of the round counts?

Good questions...magwell, stock, rail is good to go.

Yes Sir, you will get a refund.

No round count yet, it will be plentiful though.

My check is going in the mail tomorrow..

Just a rules clarification so I can plan my equipment for this.

By factory guns do you mean just things like Glocks or S&W type sidearms and no STI or Dawson guns?

By no optical sights are you saying no fiber optics like the Dawson sights or Tru-Glo TFO's? or is that referring to optics on the handgun?

I am pumped that I am going to be able to make this match.

By factory guns do you mean just things like Glocks or S&W type sidearms and no STI or Dawson guns?

By no optical sights are you saying no fiber optics like the Dawson sights or Tru-Glo TFO's? or is that referring to optics on the handgun?

Pistol - STI/SV is good to go.

You may have installed a fiber optic sight on your Rifle, Pistol, or Shotgun.

An optic is defined as a telescopic (scope), or EO-Electro Optical (red dot, EO Tech/Aimpoint), battery/sun powered optic.

Rifle Configuration - Muzzle brakes and comps are OK.

Does that include suppressors?

The problem with suppressors is the shot timer may not pick up the shot.

Yep, a suppressor is good way to end up with no score or having to reshoot a stage because the timer didn't pick up your last shot....ask me how I know :wacko:

Pistol - STI/SV is good to go.

You may have installed a fiber optic sight on your Rifle, Pistol, or Shotgun.

An optic is defined as a telescopic (scope), or EO-Electro Optical (red dot, EO Tech/Aimpoint), battery/sun powered optic.

Thanks for the clarification. I asked about the fiber optics because it is spelled out specifically in 6.1.3.. Might just want to update the rules to ensure that people not on the forums know it is ok..

Beware the tank traps between stage three and four.

I saw several Panzerjager's in the wood line too.

<_< Thats just like a Panzy to hide in the woods

Greg did not have his glasses on. It was my tactical John Deere tractor.

If anyone has an accurate email address for Darrin Dorn (in Alaska), please email it to me LChico@msn.com. The one he wrote on his application is not working.

Thanks!

Linda Chico (L2035)

2010 LaRue Tactical 3 Gun Statistician

LOL that is one hell of of drive!!!!! I thought my little 8 hours would be long!

If anyone has an accurate email address for Darrin Dorn (in Alaska), please email it to me LChico@msn.com. The one he wrote on his application is not working.

Thanks!

Linda Chico (L2035)

2010 LaRue Tactical 3 Gun Statistician

LOL that is one hell of of drive!!!!! I thought my little 8 hours would be long!

It is one hell of a drive, but I'll be there. Made it last year by the skin of my teeth. My partner didn't make it out when the volcano blew and shut down the airport.