Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun Match

Here is my one proud moment of the match, the #2 run on stage 4. I lost time messing with my cat tail (should have done it while I was moving) and the OBR was not chambered when I laid down (had to close the bolt). I could have been a bit faster getting in and out of positions as well. Other than that, things worked pretty well for me.

Once again, I really enjoyed the challenging technical courses of fire offered. In no way did I expect to have to shoot 250y off the wrong shoulder. :)

Criticize your self all you want on that run, you did real well. That put you in the top 10 on that stage right? Damn fine shootin brother!!

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you had the second fastest run and were the only shooter that got all his 250 yd flashers with 1 shot each. As your RO on that run, you did an outstanding job on our stage. It was our error so Im very sorry the OBR wasnt loaded for you the way I briefed the stage costing you at least a second or 2 but, you executed a malf/failure drill seamlessly. I sincerely hope the oversight didnt cost you the status of the fastest run for the stage. We (the ROs) tried to make the stages absolutely consistant for all shooters. Perhaps not consolation but, you made it look like it was supposed to happen the way you ran it.

Considering an event this size, we are proud everyone got thru with only minor aggravation, a few bo-bos, and nobody left with more holes than he/she started with. Everybody's a$$ was draggin but all ate well, took him great goodies. Reckin what the po folks was doin?

Alan Colley

Alan, don't worry .. I have a history of royally screwing up re-shoots. With the darn good run I had on that one, I wasn't about to try my luck a second time! I know ya'll were run ragged through the match so don't sweat it. I wasn't trying to be an ass about it, just point out that even when you do good, there's always room for improvement!

Thanks again to all the RO's for all the hard work I know they put in.

A

Criticize your self all you want on that run, you did real well. That put you in the top 10 on that stage right? Damn fine shootin brother!!

Thank ya ... You going to post up your kickass run on stage 7??

Here is my one proud moment of the match, the #2 run on stage 4. I lost time messing with my cat tail (should have done it while I was moving) and the OBR was not chambered when I laid down (had to close the bolt). I could have been a bit faster getting in and out of positions as well. Other than that, things worked pretty well for me.

Once again, I really enjoyed the challenging technical courses of fire offered. In no way did I expect to have to shoot 250y off the wrong shoulder. smile.gif

That was very impressive ( next to no wasted movement)

Thank ya ... You going to post up your kickass run on stage 7??

MAybe... It would mean that I have to learn how to use this new fangled computer thing though...

I have no idea if this match was "tactical" or not. The match director may tell us (if he cares to) as he probably has more combat experience THAN EVERYBODY ON THIS FORUM put together. But I will say it had a tactical flair!

Targets being more valuable past 100 yards has less to done with "tactics" and more to do with preventing dreaded gaming. The idea of making them worth 20 sec. in penalties means that they must be engaged and hit to be competitive. Otherwise stages can (and have) been won by simply throwing quick shots at the long range targets with no intention of hitting them.

This was not a "Tactical" match nor was it my intent. The only thing Tactical was the match sponsor. My intent was to provide a challenging course of fire, make you think, and have fun.

Mission Accomplished!

Thanks for all the hard work!

I must say,, after thinking about it,,, I too am interested in seeing how,, the heavy,,, scores stack up, in the over all,,

I am shooting .308,, for a while,,, and I'm go back to my regular game gun,,, after the RM3G,,,,,

As requested: Combined stage results:

Stage 1 Combined.pdf

Stage 2 Combined.pdf

Stage 3 Combined.pdf

Stage 4 Combined.pdf

Stage 5 Combined.pdf

Stage 6 Combined.pdf

Stage 8 Combined.pdf

Combined final result:

Finals Combined.pdf

Combined Stage 7 partial results

Stage 7 Combined.pdf

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 LaRue Tactical 3 Gun Statistician

Oh my gosh I stayed ahead of Benny my the Hair of my Chinny Chin Chinblink.gif

I had some trouble with that primer that got into my lower,,

But I had 2 or 3 pretty good stages… I have never had my name that high up on the list before… it’s nice when a plan comes together!

Jim M ammo

Nice, I did pretty good on stage 6. Now just to calm down and make the shots on the rest of the stages. I guess the old fat guy can still flex a little for those low shots. Jim, we'll work weak side for you and actual aiming for me. :-)

Once again, I really enjoyed the challenging technical courses of fire offered. In no way did I expect to have to shoot 250y off the wrong shoulder. :)

Damn dude, that was an awesome run...

That is really awesomely cool. Thanks for posting.

Did anyone recieve a prize table item through an FFL mellow.gif that was not exactly what they picked unsure.gif ?? I gota call Alfred in the AM

JF

Got Alfread on the phone today , He is certain the certificats for the two DPMS guns got put on the wrong packages / and that is how the wrong gun got sent to my FFL

The crew at LaRue is working way too hard to fix it. Paul had UPS isue a return shipping so that I would not even have to pay shipping.

Wow! They really go the extra mile

Maybe some day if I get to be 'Good' shooter I can ware the LaRue flag on my back, A great buch of guys

JF

Edited by AlamoShooter

Anybody got Alfred's contact info? I need to find out some stuff about the complete Larue AR certificates they had on the prize table. I'm trying to sell mine and everybody wants to know if it comes with sights and which stock.

Anybody got Alfred's contact info? I need to find out some stuff about the complete Larue AR certificates they had on the prize table. I'm trying to sell mine and everybody wants to know if it comes with sights and which stock.

Based on my experience with my OBR, your best bet is to call...

alfred@laruetactical.com 512-259-1585 he is out of the office today Monday, mellow.gif I just called

Does anyone know the contact info for the Sound Guard guy that was making the custom fit ear plugs? I ordered some with filters and they were supposed to ship the Thursday after the match. I wanted to check in with him on the matter. I have looked up the company on the web and cant find a number or any other company information.

Does anyone know the contact info for the Sound Guard guy that was making the custom fit ear plugs? I ordered some with filters and they were supposed to ship the Thursday after the match. I wanted to check in with him on the matter. I have looked up the company on the web and cant find a number or any other company information.

It was Darrin Allen. You can reach him at 979.219.0286.

Hey bro. Im from S'port. If you're still trying to sell it....how much cheese do you want for it? Thanks!

It was Darrin Allen. You can reach him at 979.219.0286.

Thank You