Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun Match

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be better to pitch your tent with the trailers, as there is strength in numbers. I would hate to see you go off by yourself, and lose you to the wild hogs or zombies.

It would be better to pitch your tent with the trailers, as there is strength in numbers. I would hate to see you go off by yourself, and lose you to the wild hogs or zombies.

I am taking my generator but hope to not to use it, I will charge my Betties ahead of time. If I run the thing it will shut down just after the shooting stops.

Can someone get from stage to stage in a car? I know we are allowed to drive to each stage, but I'm asking if the conditions will allow a car, rather than a truck or SUV, to be used. We only have a car and Id like to spare the $300 bucks it takes to rent an SUV if I can, but Ill spend if the range conditions merit such!

BTW...In lieu of any 'if it rains' answers, I'm planning on renting one anyway if the forecast calls for it! I just want to know if it can be done dry..:)

Thanks in advance!

Ben

Can someone get from stage to stage in a car? I know we are allowed to drive to each stage, but I'm asking if the conditions will allow a car, rather than a truck or SUV, to be used. We only have a car and Id like to spare the $300 bucks it takes to rent an SUV if I can, but Ill spend if the range conditions merit such!

BTW...In lieu of any 'if it rains' answers, I'm planning on renting one anyway if the forecast calls for it! I just want to know if it can be done dry..:)

Thanks in advance!

Ben

Yes most cars can get from stage to stage. What kind of car? But right now it's suppsed to rain on Friday and possibly Sunday.

What time does the shootin start?

Thanks in advance!

Ben

Yes most cars can get from stage to stage. What kind of car? But right now it's suppsed to rain on Friday and possibly Sunday.

The web site says shooters briefing at 0700 on Saturday..

Thanks in advance!

Ben

The web site says shooters briefing at 0700 on Saturday..

Awesome. Thanks.

Thanks in advance!

Ben

You can, just gotta be careful. I found a couple of hidden obsticals out there last week when driving around and the grass is a sort of tall right now so some stuff is hidden.

sight.gif And Somali Pirates & Vampire Bats

sight.gif And Somali Pirates & Vampire Bats

Bring 'em. I have extra rounds.

Ya Know it seems like that is an old shotgun game , I herd of bets going at one of the clubs about hitting a Bat with shot.

They told me the Bat could (see/hear) the shot coming and Dodg out of the way. no one could hit one.

Okay, now for the important question: who's got a good recommendation for a steak house reasonably near the hotel(s) (I'm staying at the La Quinta, but it's close to the match hotel)? After a long match day, the steak and beer is the thing that puts the icing on the cake. :)

Okay, now for the important question: who's got a good recommendation for a steak house reasonably near the hotel(s) (I'm staying at the La Quinta, but it's close to the match hotel)? After a long match day, the steak and beer is the thing that puts the icing on the cake. :)

Sodolak's Beefmasters - bar none. Of course you could probably find a better steak at Eccell Steakhouse of The Republic, but at Sodolak's you won't have to spend $50 to get it. The steaks (chicken fried included) are great, the cuts are huge, and the price is right. They just opened up a new location on University, but I haven't been there yet. The ones in Bryan and Snook can't be beat though. How can you say no to a place called Beefmasters? I believe it's on the North side of University Drive between the La Quinta and the Hyatt Place.

Sodolak's Beefmasters - bar none. Of course you could probably find a better steak at Eccell Steakhouse of The Republic, but at Sodolak's you won't have to spend $50 to get it. The steaks (chicken fried included) are great, the cuts are huge, and the price is right. They just opened up a new location on University, but I haven't been there yet. The ones in Bryan and Snook can't be beat though. How can you say no to a place called Beefmasters? I believe it's on the North side of University Drive between the La Quinta and the Hyatt Place.

It's where the old T-bone Jones use to be. And the La Quinta is with in a mile of the new sodolaks

It's where the old T-bone Jones use to be.

Damn, Roger. You do realize some folks are coming from out of town, right? ;)

Google map to the "area" the map is to the Hilton...Sodolaks is right next door...they're too new for google maps.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=hilton+hotel+college+station&sll=30.631877

Edited by TAMUJeep

Have not had any problem with Skeeters here, just fire ants. Stages are lookin pretty good. Weather is great 91 today and the wind was right across the pipe on the long range stages 8-10.