Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun Match

While we're all asking questions, what's the ruling on mag couplers? I saw the 30-round limit and no "supporting devices" - do couplers break these rules?

Sorry if that's a dumb question.

No such thing as a dumb question. Mag coupler is fine and you may rest your magazine on the ground while engaging if you desire.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the forecast for next week:

Tue

5/4/2010 84° 58° 0 0 Bright sunshine 83° 62°

Wed

5/5/2010 80° 57° 0 0 Mostly sunny 83° 62°

Thu

5/6/2010 83° 63° 0 0 Sun and some clouds 83° 63°

Fri

5/7/2010 75° 63° 0 0 Sunny and not as warm 83° 63°

Sat

5/8/2010 77° 62° 0 0 Partly sunny 84° 63°

Sun

5/9/2010 80° 65° 0 0 Mostly sunny 84° 64°

Mon

5/10/2010 81° 69° 0 0 Mostly sunny 84° 64°

Tue

5/11/2010 86° 68° 0 0 Mostly sunny and humid 84° 64°

Sounds like the weather will be too good to have a three gun shoot. Maybe we should cancel the match, and go to the beach.

angry.gif What ! No wind!? ..How can we have a match without high wind?

Here is the forecast for next week:

Tue

5/4/2010 84° 58° 0 0 Bright sunshine 83° 62°

Wed

5/5/2010 80° 57° 0 0 Mostly sunny 83° 62°

Thu

5/6/2010 83° 63° 0 0 Sun and some clouds 83° 63°

Fri

5/7/2010 75° 63° 0 0 Sunny and not as warm 83° 63°

Sat

5/8/2010 77° 62° 0 0 Partly sunny 84° 63°

Sun

5/9/2010 80° 65° 0 0 Mostly sunny 84° 64°

Mon

5/10/2010 81° 69° 0 0 Mostly sunny 84° 64°

Tue

5/11/2010 86° 68° 0 0 Mostly sunny and humid 84° 64°

Sounds like the weather will be too good to have a three gun shoot. Maybe we should cancel the match, and go to the beach.

angry.gif What ! No wind!? ..How can we have a match without high wind?

I'll help you, out Jamie. :D I'll break wind for you!! :devil:

Jim M ammo

We met with the Benelli USA rep today and struck an agreement with them to bring 30+ shotguns (sporting & tactical) to the LaRue shoot for your shooting fun. Benelli reps will be there to answer all your questions and would appreciate your comments & suggestions.

We will have a range setup for shot and slug testing, just bring your favorite brand of ammo and have a blast.

FredQ

This still happening? Maybe they'll bring one of the new Vinci's along? The 24" barrel and pistol grip?

We met with the Benelli USA rep today and struck an agreement with them to bring 30+ shotguns (sporting & tactical) to the LaRue shoot for your shooting fun. Benelli reps will be there to answer all your questions and would appreciate your comments & suggestions.

We will have a range setup for shot and slug testing, just bring your favorite brand of ammo and have a blast.

FredQ

This still happening? Maybe they'll bring one of the new Vinci's along? The 24" barrel and pistol grip?

I sent an email to the contact person that I met with about the Benelli Demo and it was returned as un-deliverable. I will check with the local gun shop about his status and see if I can get hold of the current rep. I did hear rumors about Benelli firing the firm that did its marketing, that may have an impact.

FredQ

I would like to pay tribute to a fella for all of his dedication and hard work to make this all happen.

New Sponsorship

Kryptonite Sponsor

Mr. Fred Quarles

Thanks Fred!

Edited by SGDM

I would like to pay tribute to a fella for all of his dedication and hard work to make this all happen.

New Sponsorship

Krytonite Sponsor

Mr. Fred Quarles

Thanks Fred!

SPELL CHECK PLEASE

Question about the ammo type.

On the subject of the shotgun ammo, when it shows "shot" - I assume that means #4 - #9 shot? Not 00 etc.

Any recommendtions on the shot size common for 3-gun'n matches?

Thanks!

Can't wait until next weekend!!

FCheese. :D

Has anyone made sure that Linda will have her coffee pot?

No coffee permitted. Wine and water only.

If there is no coffee permitted, you have just fired your stats lady :(

I am bringing my own coffee, filters & water, plus a carafe for storage. Just need a coffee pot (hopefully a standard 12 cup drip pot to match the filters) & I will be fine. For those who don't know me yet, I basically live on coffee & dark chocolate during major matches. It's worked for years & I hate to interrupt the pattern at this point.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 LaRue Tactical 3 Gun Statistician

Fred is a tireless person who has been working his *ss off to prepare the range for this match.

Thanks Fred (and Thanks to MrT53 for providing the reesourses to accomplish this).

Bob W

and for those who don't Fred, he never sleeps.....

Unbelievable! The wife blessed off on my participation this year, and another emergency that I simply cannot work out has popped up. I am probably going to be dropping out if anyone is still on the waiting list!

Emergency is non wife related. She has worked to help me be able to go, but it seems unlikely. I truly don't deserve this special lady.

On the subject of the shotgun ammo, when it shows "shot" - I assume that means #4 - #9 shot? Not 00 etc.

Thanks!

You should be good with 7 1/2 shot and proper choke.

Unbelievable! The wife blessed off on my participation this year, and another emergency that I simply cannot work out has popped up. I am probably going to be dropping out if anyone is still on the waiting list!

Emergency is non wife related. She has worked to help me be able to go, but it seems unlikely. I truly don't deserve this special lady.

I am sorry you might not be able to join us. But I DO still have a waiting list. Please email me off forum if you find you are not able to attend.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 LaRue Tactical 3 Gun Statistician

Thanks!

You should be good with 7 1/2 shot and proper choke.

Thanks SGDM.

Proper choke on my Benelli M4 (fixed) will be interesting... :blink: