Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun Match

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

POWER FACTOR!!??

I thought this was funny from last year,, someone asked about Power factor ,, Greg posted a response,,

,,and it just stuck in my mind.

So now when I think of you Greg, :ph34r: I think of this.

Bring your MAN BULLETS!!!

MAN BULLETS. :goof::goof:

I'm brining my MAN BULLETS this year too!

Jim M ammo

I took down the star with 7.5' late in the first day with the wind blowing so hard it was taking the birds from the flippers and carrying them back over the firing line.

light mod. saw many shooters with cylinder not even phasing the plates...

Dang it...I really want to shoot my 308 this year, but I have ZERO range time with it!

I will be slinging #6 shot this year. Don't trust the 7.5 stuff on stars after last year.

+1 on the stubborn star plates! Last weekend at the WHIDPA 3Gun match hosted at Cawthon saw very "sticky" star plates on Freq Q's shotgun extravaganza of death! My SLP with I/C shooting 7-1/2 3 dram loads took them off fine, but I would go no lower! It's gonna be great!

Can't wait!

Kyle

Dang it...I really want to shoot my 308 this year, but I have ZERO range time with it!

I will be slinging #6 shot this year. Don't trust the 7.5 stuff on stars after last year.

+1 on the stubborn star plates! Last weekend at the WHIDPA 3Gun match hosted at Cawthon saw very "sticky" star plates on Freq Q's shotgun extravaganza of death! My SLP with I/C shooting 7-1/2 3 dram loads took them off fine, but I would go no lower! It's gonna be great!

Can't wait!

Kyle

I didn't have any problems with the star either and I was shooting cheap wally world 7.5's. There were quite a few folks there that were having a HELL of a time knocking the star plates off...I'm not sure what they were using for ammo...but I know some had cylinder bore shot guns...

I was using 8 shot with I/C and didn't even phase the plates on the star with my SLP. I hit the one plate 5 times and just kinda watched it flap before I gave up and showed clear....

I am going to be bringing a couple boxes of my FIOCCI Golden Pheasant 3" 4 shot if there is a star set up anything like that at the Larue match... :)

You gave up at the star on that stage?! WTH? There were 3 poppers with 3 birds/flippers, 3 slug gongs, 4 rifle paper, and 7 or 8 rifle flashers after that! Dude, WTH?!

I'm sure he was talking about the WHIDPA match that was held last weekend out at Cawthorn Cartridge Club, where the LaRue match will be this year.

The shotgun stage ended with a Texas Star that had to be shot from low prone. I saw a lot of people have trouble with it, but all 5 dropped for me with 5 shots of 7.5.

I was using 8 shot with I/C and didn't even phase the plates on the star with my SLP. I hit the one plate 5 times and just kinda watched it flap before I gave up and showed clear....

I am going to be bringing a couple boxes of my FIOCCI Golden Pheasant 3" 4 shot if there is a star set up anything like that at the Larue match... :)

Pretty sure that star is THE star for the LT3G...have you guys ever seen the crazy ass star with the no shoots spinning around behind it? called the "Oregon star" or the "Evil" Texas star...

ETA: Gregg don't go googling that damn thing...please!

Edited by TAMUJeep

You gave up at the star on that stage?! WTH? There were 3 poppers with 3 birds/flippers, 3 slug gongs, 4 rifle paper, and 7 or 8 rifle flashers after that! Dude, WTH?!

I was talking about at the 3 gun match there last weekend for WHIDPA. The star was the end of the stage at 16 yards from a low prone position...

I was talking about at the 3 gun match there last weekend for WHIDPA. The star was the end of the stage at 16 yards from a low prone position...

Did you shoot it in the morning? It may have loosened up over time. If that's the case, it might be a little easier come May.

Pretty sure that star is THE star for the LT3G...

Don't know about that...it's the WHIPDA star, which is based out of Monaville around Hempstead. Greg will prolly have one of his own that's even harder...

OH...OK well good to know. I heard Fred talking about it...I guess it was just the setup...not the actual building of it...oh well.

Did you shoot it in the morning? It may have loosened up over time. If that's the case, it might be a little easier come May.

I was like the 4th or 5th shooter through the stage...