Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mag tube came out of the receiver

hopalong

Well my trusty 11-87 of 21 years (has killed more ducks than Kurt has loaded shells with his left hand) that I converted to 3-gun finally had some kind of failure, and BOY what a failure.

The mag tube moved 1/4 inch out of the receiver. When I got home I put it in the vise and prety much just pulled and out it came. It is evidendtly a press pit with Solder to hold it in place. Any body deal with anything like this ? I'm considering getting some epoxy and putting it back together instead of solder and stuff.

Hop

I saw a competitor's 1100 just blow apart in the middle of a stage. The magazine flew off. The barrel flew off. There were shells and springs all over the ground. He just stood there, holding what was left of his shotgun, with the most bewildering look I've ever seen!

He posts here, but I'd hate to ID him for fear of retribution! :roflol:

Any smith that does quality work can fix it

But ...I bet Remington would do it for free...call them

Jim

You are right of course. But take some scrape metal pipe and put them together with the Locite Black Max previously suggested and tell us the Remington work will exceed the result you get with less money than the phone call you would spend calling Remington to ask them where to send the gun?

Also Remington used to have several regional smiths who would also do warranty repairs. You can buy a fair amount of gas with the $40 plus you are going to spend to send it to the Remington factory.