Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lee FCD vs. CasePro

I have both. I use the fcd on everything regardless and roll match brass (bigger matches) only. The fcd doesn't take out the bulge at the base of the brass, which over 30 rounds in a big stick can make the difference between tight and reloadable.

If you use the Case Pro and adjust your dies right the FCD part of the FCD will never ever touch another case that is in good condition. I want my case gauge to find the problems, I do not want to smash the problems into fitting the case gauge. I will use an FCD for one purpose, crimping autoloader bullets into revolver cases. It WILL crimp a cannelure into the bullet and prevent bullet pull without ruining the case or the bullet, that is the only use I have the FCD. Used otherwise it is a band-aid at best.

DISCLAIMER: I have only ever seen one CasePro in person in real life. No, unfortunately I did NOT get to see it in operation. :(

I have only used the Lee FCD, and at least for me and my pistolas it works, in 9mm, .40 and .45.

I think of it this way.... I only have so much time for shooting and reloading. The more times I have to handle brass, that leads to less time doing other things. To me it just seems inefficient, to prep brass off press.

As far as the big stick being reloadable or NOT... I would be curious as to how well the Lee FCD'ed brass fits in the case gauge versus how well the Case Pro'ed brass fits in the case gauge. Methinks that if tolerances are running that tight in the magazine, then somebody needs to be making a tighter dimension'ed case gauge. One that will pass the Case Pro'ed ammo and exclude the Lee FCD'ed rounds.

Here you go again talking about unicorns again.

True enough. Funny part is that the one I have is the second one I've had. Sold the other one to a friend. :D

Rich

You mean everyone doesn't have 2 Casepros with full sets of plates? B)

It doesn't go in the pistola if it hasn't gone through the Casepro first...