Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil Buffers

RussellJohnson

I honestly do not believe you need these things in a G34 Production gun. I bet you would have to shoot a G34 for three lifetimes before the frame would ever get battered enough to notice. With Minor loads (what you would shoot in Production), the recoil assembly works perfectly and absorbs the energy well enough on it's own, as it was designed to do. Adding a piece to a system that is already extremely reliable is asking for problems/malfunctions.

My advice, save the money on buffers and spend it on ammo/components, or maybe a few 6 packs of something nice : )

Edited by soundwave

I honestly do not believe you need these things in a G34 Production gun. I bet you would have to shoot a G34 for three lifetimes before the frame would ever get battered enough to notice. With Minor loads (what you would shoot in Production), the recoil assembly works perfectly and absorbs the energy well enough on it's own, as it was designed to do. Adding a piece to a system that is already extremely reliable is asking for problems/malfunctions.

My advice, save the money on buffers and spend it on ammo/components, or maybe a few 6 packs of something nice : )

I agree, the buffers cause short stroke too. Tailoring your loads will have a greater effect.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, the buffers cause short stroke too. Tailoring your loads will have a greater effect.

Had a lot of failures to eject with buffers in 34's and 35's. Other folks may be able to get them to work, I didn't have any luck.

• 2 years later...

I love this forum, you have so much experiance to answer your questions. I was also wondering about them. I was told for my Glock 34 all I needed to was change the sights, get the grip stippled, and upgrade the trigger, but the most important thing I was told was to get a few thousand roundsand train and work on getting my draw and mag changes down.

I am new to USPSA and am shooting a glock 34 in production. Do the recoil buffers that are advertised work, they are relatively cheap? any other advise for a novice USPSA is appreciated. Thanks Russell

Great question, I was wondering that too...being new to the sport and this being my first Glock, I don't want to buy anything not needed to improve myself.

I only considered trying one on my Open 17 with major 9 loads. I never got around to it though and gave the buffer to a friend. He put it in his 19 but honestly he hasnt shot it enough to give anykind of info. Personally I wouldnt put it in my production or limited gun. Your just going to make it more complex.