Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Max Turner

dnuke146

So I saw in the National stages, which are now up btw, they had several "Max Turner's" How are these diff. than the usual turners... anyone have any pictures or better yet video of how these operate.

Thanks in advance.

Doug

it's a disappearing target with springs to change the speed of exposure.

lynn

you sure about that? the nationals stage description on the stages that have the max turner state "all activated targets remain visible"

I'm scratching my head a little on that one, too. I thought the whole point of a turner (or a clamshell, which also look to remain visible according to the descriptions) was to give you a small window of time to shoot it. If they remain visible, seems like you'd just wait til it stopped turning.

it's a disappearing target with springs to change the speed of exposure.

lynn

you sure about that? the nationals stage description on the stages that have the max turner state "all activated targets remain visible"

I'm scratching my head a little on that one, too. I thought the whole point of a turner (or a clamshell, which also look to remain visible according to the descriptions) was to give you a small window of time to shoot it. If they remain visible, seems like you'd just wait til it stopped turning.

Most turners, swingers etc add an element of strategy to a stage. There is a delay before the target becomes visible. This allows the shooter to decide what to do, engage other targets, reload, move, take a nap or whatever before shooting the mover. I doubt many will wait until a mover stops moving unless they absolutely have to. I personally will not wait for it to stop turning.

My Max Turner does not stay visible if set correctly.

Do you have any pictures of this device or a link to where you bought it?

I have one of most every target, just for practice and to use at our club matches, so if I am missing something I am going to have to get it.

Thanks

My Max Turner does not stay visible if set correctly.

Do you have any pictures of this device or a link to where you bought it?

I have one of most every target, just for practice and to use at our club matches, so if I am missing something I am going to have to get it.

Thanks

www.gunsteel.com

Max is a very good guy.

MIke

OK, cool nothing more than a drop turner that only appears, I can handle that.

The way it was drawn I was worried that it came up like a max-trap but came up twisting or a drop turner that had a no shoot come flying up in front of it while it was turning.

From you all's description and their drawings it looks like they just have a no shoot parked in front of the turner set to appear only, so that shouldn't be too hard but a cool challange to time the shots.

Thanks guys! :cheers: