Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I was really wrong about Benellis

kurtm

Today I was having all sorts of failure to extract jams with my old Benelli. After a quick once over I notice the extractor was wobbly and the spring was about to fall out. I figured I had broke the roll pin that holds the extractor and spring in place. I took it back to the shop and went to pull it apart when I notice that the roll pin was sticking out a ways, I pulled it out and low and behold.....it was just fine. It had just worked it's way slowly down over the last 19 years and finally hopped out of the upper pin channel. A bit of red Loctite and a punch sent it all back in place and now all is well in the world, Just for the heck of it I also replace the main spring which showed considerable flattening on the coils from running back and forth with a new standard spring and the cyclic rate is back up ...er down... to .015 splits without a follow.

So in the end it wasn't broke, just saying hey spend a little time with me. After checking the shell count sheet, this "terrible" gun problem happened at case # 220 as in case of 250 rounds not including the odd buckshot and slugs....or around round 55,000. You just can't get good stuff anymore :roflol: KurtM