Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon CV-750 vs. Lyman Pro 1200

The Dillon is cheaper than the Lyman, well it will be in about six months when you replace the Lyman. I've had 2 Lymans a Cabelas, a Midway, and a Frankford arsenal. All had the same motor. The original Midway lasted about 5 years with a couple solder jobs on the winding leads, all the others burnt the motors in less than a year, I dont think the Lyman lasted 4 months, I dont do a ton of loading, maybe run em half a day once a week. The problem with all of these is the motors are open and have a fan underneath them that basically forces all the dust and residue inside the windings. The Dillon 750 actually uses the sealed motor from the larger 2001, so far so good on that one going about 2 years now and shooting more so running about twice a week.

The Dillon is cheaper than the Lyman, well it will be in about six months when you replace the Lyman. I've had 2 Lymans a Cabelas, a Midway, and a Frankford arsenal. All had the same motor. The original Midway lasted about 5 years with a couple solder jobs on the winding leads, all the others burnt the motors in less than a year, I dont think the Lyman lasted 4 months, I dont do a ton of loading, maybe run em half a day once a week. The problem with all of these is the motors are open and have a fan underneath them that basically forces all the dust and residue inside the windings. The Dillon 750 actually uses the sealed motor from the larger 2001, so far so good on that one going about 2 years now and shooting more so running about twice a week.

Are Dillon's tumblers covered by their lifetime warranty?

Hello: Dillon do sell the motor for the tumblers though. I have 2 Lyman tumblers that are still running after 2 years and a Dillon CV500 as well. You can never have too many tumblers :cheers: I will be getting the Dillon big tumbler one of these days. Thanks, Eric

When I get this question I answer with something like - Dillon's tumblers are more expensive than other brands of tumblers for the same reason their presses are - they're better quality.

The new sealed bearing motors in Dillon's tumblers are the shit. (As in heavy duty.) I haven't had a tumbler motor returned since the new motors. The last time I talked to Dillon about tumbler motor returns, I don't think they've had any since they switched to the new motor.

be

For what it's worth I dropped my 750 on the garage floor from chest high. After I reattached the ground wire it fired right up and is still working fine. No cracks or breaks either.