Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ohio USPSA & IPSC Nationals

website (with match info): http://www.lchico5u.com/ohio_ipsc.html

Since we have a lot of the same info for both the Ohio Section match (Level III -USPSA) and the USA IPSC Nationals, we thought we ought to have a combined thread...instead of the one for each (with info scattered about).

Schedule of activities:

Friday (October 2nd) is the staff shooting day for the Ohio USPSA match. We can add in a number of non-staff competitors here. We still have room to do so. Realize that you are shooting with staff. That usually goes really smooth for us, but expect delays and such as things sometimes need tweaked.

Saturday (October 3rd) is the competitor day for the Ohio USPSA match. (*** near full, see below ***)

Saturday (late afternoon) we will have a side match...Shoot-offs! You sign up for this at the event. It is $5, with a cash payout (100% total) for winning each head-to head bout, as well as the overall. We will run it with divisions ofr red-dot, irons, and round gun. (I think every match should have a shoot-off. gives something to do while waiting for the scoring hour, and gives the Sunday shooters some "range time".) It's always fun..and a crowd pleaser !

Saturday (evening) we have a very informal gathering at Jason's place (Jason = Match Director). It's about 5 minutes from the range. We will have directions available at the match. Everybody usually kicks in a fist full of dollars and we get food, drinks and the like. Expect a bon-fire. :devil:

Sunday is the USA *IPSC* Nationals match. This is run with IPSC rules...including the differences in divisions, of course. Who will be the very first USA IPSC Champion ??? This match is also a qualifier match to pick the USA Teams that will compete in the next World Shoot.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday (October 3rd) is the competitor day for the Ohio USPSA match. (*** near full, see below ***)

Ummm ... "below"? Some info MIA?

Also, does Linda want squad lists from staff that want to shoot together? Conrad and I, of course, will both decompensate if we don't have each other to heckle for the day ^_^.

***Saturday is nearly full***

We had opened up registration early to take applications for the Ohio match on Saturday, so that our local shooters had the opportunity to get into the match and not get squeezed out by the shooting studs and studettes that were coming in to shoot both the IPSC match and the Ohio. B)

Now, Saturday is nearly full. We still have room for the IPSC match on Sunday.

We want to let people know that we are filling up on Saturday for the Ohio, and they may go on a wait list soon. We will give priority on the wait list to those that are shooting BOTH matches.

Ummm ... "below"? Some info MIA?

I got into some phone calls before hitting the enter button. :)

Also, I was trying to figure out the wording. I don't want shooters to think they shouldn't send their application in. Chances are, we will be able to handle a bit of over-flow..and there is always a handful of last minute cancellations, due to Murphy/Life.

Also, does Linda want squad lists from staff that want to shoot together? Conrad and I, of course, will both decompensate if we don't have each other to heckle for the day ^_^.

Send ALL squadding requests to Linda: lchico (* at msn dot com *) ...if you didn't include them with your match application (yup, staff needs to send in an app too)

Looks fun. Is there video anywhere of the seesaw? What vendors are expected to be there? I saw that Techwear was going to be there and wondered who else might show up. Thanks alot. I am really looking forward to October.

Looks fun. Is there video anywhere of the seesaw? What vendors are expected to be there? I saw that Techwear was going to be there and wondered who else might show up. Thanks alot. I am really looking forward to October.

I don't have any video of the see saw, But dont't worry,it aint that hard. Techwear-Lamb Labbs and target Barn are the only ones I have that can or will be at the match. If someone wants to setup a table or tent they need to get a hold of me ASAP so I can get them in. Jason Conrad.

jconrad1974@aol.com

Ohio USPSA & IPSC Nationals

website (with match info): http://www.lchico5u.com/ohio_ipsc.html

Saturday (evening) we have a very informal gathering at Jason's place (Jason = Match Director). It's about 5 minutes from the range. We will have directions available at the match. Everybody usually kicks in a fist full of dollars and we get food, drinks and the like. Expect a bon-fire. :devil:

I plan on having a BIGGER Bon Fire than last time.

post-13965-1250467807_thumb.jpg

I plan on having a BIGGER Bon Fire than last time.

Is more intoxicated barn disassembly on the menu as well? Made for a nice addition to the bonfire.

Not if I can help it. I have plenty of pallets this year...and if we still run out I'm sure we can find a small foreign car that gets really good gas millage we can drive up on the fire. :goof:

Mike, you are a G17 or shorter basepads away from being groovy with IPSC in Prod or Standard. I am sure there are plenty of people that will lend you gear if you want to make it up...myself included.

Somebody bring some marshmellows. :)

Heck with that I'm bringin ammo ;)

I have half of a coffee can of ammo that I picked up off of the ground here and there

Edited by conrad

Should we bring old, unwanted, 4 lb. bottles of powder along too ??? ;)

NO! :surprise: I don't need the FBI showing up at my house because we are blowing stuff up. Yes that could happen cause it happen to a friend of mine. It was shortly after 9/11. Someone got hurt(not to seriously but they had to go to the hospital) and the FBI came and had a talk with him.

Not if I can help it. I have plenty of pallets this year...and if we still run out I'm sure we can find a small foreign car that gets really good gas millage we can drive up on the fire. :goof:

Maybe I'll skip this then since my car that meets that criteria... :unsure:

I was thinking of coming but will I need any of the following? Fire extinguisher, Flak Jacket, Kevlar Helmet, First Aid Kit, Nomex, Shooting Glasses, etc...

I think I have all of that stuff in the basement...if you need it.

Looks fun. Is there video anywhere of the seesaw?

The seesaw it no big deal. Standing on either end of it keeps that end on the ground, so you aren't really seesawing while you are shooting.

The shaky bridge is the prop that's a pain in the a**... If you can keep it from steady it's pretty easy, but once that sucker gets going on you it's like shooting during an earth quake. :)

Edited by BrianS

The shaky bridge is the prop that's a pain in the a**... If you can keep it from steady it's pretty easy, but once that sucker gets going on you it's like shooting during an earth quake. :)

Stand in the middle and bend your knees, lower your center of gravity. That will dampen the oscillations.

To train for it: find a BOSU, turn it upside down (so the dome is down), practice keeping your balance while you rock front/back/side-to-side on it. After that, the shaky bridge is easy. IIRC, you're allowed to hang onto one of the support posts with either hand while you shoot. Of course, you're shooting one handed then ....

A bit of unsolicited advice: do not complain to Conrad that something is 'difficult'. He'll come up with something like putting the shaky bridge on rollers, and you'll need to clear some obstacle (that then activates the rollers) in order to complete the stage. This is how he passes the time when he'd otherwise be bored at work ....

The see-saw is a piece of diamond-plate bumper bolted to an 8" diameter log (last I saw it, it could be changed by Oct 2). It messes with your head far more than it messes with your balance.

Come shoot a monthly match and try out all of these contraptions before the Sectional :D