Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The ultimate backpack type range bag

ArvinM

Arvin,

opplanet-blackhawk-tactical-x-1-r-a-p-t-o-r-pack-w-100oz-hydrastorm.png

blackhawk-tactical-x-1-r-a-p-t-o-r-pack-w-100oz-hydrastorm

Without the Hydration pack installed you can get 2 hard open gun cases, 4 dillon boxes of ammo, filled 6 mag pouch, over head hearing protection, knee pads, and oakley eyeglass case in the main compartment comfortably. Middle compartment carries gloves, tool and parts kit, and small 1st aid kit. Front pocket holds match score sheets. Side pockets hold mag brush, hammer, arredondo punch, video camera, cigar tubes, monocular, pro-grip.

With hydration pack installed remove 1 hard open gun case. I don't normally run the Hydration pack at Richmond, but it's an option I like to have.

Straps are totally comfortable.

You'll have to deal with the occasional "are you going camping?" or "when are you leaving for Iraq?" comment, but no one's laughing at you when it's keeping your back cool because you have the hydration pack half filled with ice and it's over 100 degrees at the Silver Buckle in Ridgecrest.

Alvin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tod,

Would you care to share how you utilize the compartments on the Falcon II? I have been toying with having a local guy build me a custom backpack but I would buy off the shelf if I could get an idea of how much I can/can't get in the pack along with how accessible it is.

Thanks, Craig

+1

I've been running a Blackhawk Stingray for matches for a couple years now and love it. Pockets work great. I picked up one of their long accessory pouches that perfectly hold 4 Dillon boxes that I use for spare parts, tools, a little first aid kit, and batteries/Pro-Grip. Easy to carry and easy to pack for plane trips.

Alright.....the contents of what I carry in my bag: It is 18" tall,10" wide and 12" deep when fully expanded. Weighs 27# with 250 rounds ammo

Main back compartment

-Large pistol rug with Limited gun and 8 mags

-200-300 rounds of pistol ammo(I have carried as much as 500 rounds with no issues.....it just gets heavier)

Middle compartment

Two different size pelican cases-Small one has spare parts/Large one is a full tool kit

I keep a spare inner belt,magazine cleaning brush and some Cramer grip powder in there. Still a little more room for more stuff if need be.

Front compartments

Top one has my Rudy Project case with my glasses

Bottom one has a first aid kit,bug spray,sunscreen,USPSA rulebook,9 volt batteries,pens,small notepad and calculator.

Insulated Bottle Pouch on side I added this pouch

Camelbak water bottle

Pocket on side of bottle pouch

CED7000 and some antifog cleaner for my glasses and some hand sanitizer gel

Hydration slot on rear of bag

I don't put a hydration bladder in there. Instead I keep a stool that folds flat and stores nicely in there. Along with 2 contractor grade trash bags.

post-8688-1249516953_thumb.jpg

post-8688-1249516972_thumb.jpg

post-8688-1249516985_thumb.jpg

post-8688-1249516995_thumb.jpg

Hello: Great pics and info on your range bag setup. The only thing missing is a Rollypolly for mags, brass or snacks. Thanks, Eric

There is actually a small rollypolly in the bottom of the bottle holder. It gets clipped on the outside at some matches for brass collection.

Hello: Looks like you have thought of everything :cheers: What size of bottle holder do you have? I have been thinking of getting one for my pack. I don't like cleaning out the Camelback bladders and right now I use a small cooler to carry my drinks. Thanks, Eric

Hello: Looks like you have thought of everything :cheers: What size of bottle holder do you have? I have been thinking of getting one for my pack. I don't like cleaning out the Camelback bladders and right now I use a small cooler to carry my drinks. Thanks, Eric

That is the small insulated bottle pouch.

That is the small insulated bottle pouch.

Where did you get the insulated bottle pouch? Can you provide a link?

Thanks

Mike

Arvin,

opplanet-blackhawk-tactical-x-1-r-a-p-t-o-r-pack-w-100oz-hydrastorm.png

blackhawk-tactical-x-1-r-a-p-t-o-r-pack-w-100oz-hydrastorm

Without the Hydration pack installed you can get 2 hard open gun cases, 4 dillon boxes of ammo, filled 6 mag pouch, over head hearing protection, knee pads, and oakley eyeglass case in the main compartment comfortably. Middle compartment carries gloves, tool and parts kit, and small 1st aid kit. Front pocket holds match score sheets. Side pockets hold mag brush, hammer, arredondo punch, video camera, cigar tubes, monocular, pro-grip.

With hydration pack installed remove 1 hard open gun case. I don't normally run the Hydration pack at Richmond, but it's an option I like to have.

Straps are totally comfortable.

You'll have to deal with the occasional "are you going camping?" or "when are you leaving for Iraq?" comment, but no one's laughing at you when it's keeping your back cool because you have the hydration pack half filled with ice and it's over 100 degrees at the Silver Buckle in Ridgecrest.

Alvin

This bag seems nice and perfect for matches but too much just going to the range.......plus its $175.

I'll stick with the smallest possible backpack or sling type bag. I don't carry as much tools cause all my shooting buddies carry the entire Sears catalog.........hehe. I'll borrow tools if ever I need 'em.

00bullitt: Any other accessories you will be adding to the Falcon II? Thanks, Eric

NAH.....I like it the way it is with the addition of the bottle holder. Its already 12" deep when expanded. I didn't want to add more to the depth.

A buddy has one and has the Monkey admin pouch attached to the front,but I just didn't see the need.

I appreciate this thread. After my range bag "incident" this week I needed to replace it. The backpack concept has appealed to me too. So I checked out several and bought the RUSH24. The Maxpedition stuff is first rate but the VTAC size and simplicity suits me fine.

post-1015-1249873363_thumb.jpg

Should have it this week.

This is my shooting backpack, only a handful can be seen with this as it's not readily available here. I'm posting it for comparison and maybe give some idea who wants to manufacture one.

Full.jpgPocket.jpg

Brass.jpgGun.jpgMainCover.jpg

Edited by norbs007

More...

Ammo-1.jpgSide.jpg

TopPocket.jpgBladder.jpg

Camelback bladder is an option you can add. As you can see it can easily hold 5 100 round boxes of ammo and still have ample space for other things like muffs or pads. Pretty sturdy and always stands upright. Also comes with an extra strap to convert it to a shoulder bag.

Edited by norbs007

That's why I wanted a backpack is because I saw your's, Alberto's and Dan's.

Yeah ... I'm jealous of that showoff Norbert's backpack too ... but, can't buy them here that's why I bought the blackhawk.

I'm posting it for comparison and maybe give some idea who wants to manufacture one.

If someone builds it, I will buy it and save the blackhawk for camping.

What does the bag weight in at fully loaded??

T

This is my shooting backpack, only a handful can be seen with this as it's not readily available here. I'm posting it for comparison and maybe give some idea who wants to manufacture one.

Full.jpgPocket.jpg

Brass.jpgGun.jpgMainCover.jpg