Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Instructing my 2 year old....

Seth

My 2 year old daughter has a pretty good grasp of the english language. At dinner tonite, she pushed herself up out of the chair, then looked at me and announced the following:

Daddy, I farted.

I had to get her to repeat it twice. First time I though she said something else. Second time I had to clear the tears out of my eyes and explain that that's not a nice word for a little girl.

Daddy, I farted.

Sigh.

Funny thing about that. I got her down from the chair and she ran behind the sofa and let another one fly that I heard... a minute later she reappears with a big broad smile and announced 'Daddy I poop fart.'

This was literally an hour ago.

Funny thing about that. I got her down from the chair and she ran behind the sofa and let another one fly that I heard... a minute later she reappears with a big broad smile and announced 'Daddy I poop fart.'

This was literally an hour ago.

What an odd coincidence...so did I....

get the camcorder out... 14 years from now when she brings her 1st boyfriend home break out the old movies.... its better than my dad met my sisters 1st boyfriend in his Police uniform at the door and invited him into the living room while he cleaned his duty weapons.

Its just so funny to watch her figure it all out. I suppose I like fart jokes anyway... but when they're so innocent, they're substantially funnier.

The hard part is pulling it all back together to tell her she's not supposed to talk like that, when deep down inside I want to spray food on the wall laughing.

Oh the joys of childhood. We have a 2 year old boy. He is a repeater. He tries to say same words you say quite often. He's getting pretty good at it too. I always smile and help him with the words. It is really helping me cut back on the swearing. I let the F bomb go a few weeks ago and he came right back with duck, plain as day. I haven't used that word around him since.

Thanks for the laugh.