Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Race Rig

Hank Ellis

Wondering what is available in the way of race holsters/hangers and mag pouches for the regular XD?

Got a XD-40 Tact that was my Production gun and is now relagated to Limited-10. Running a Production rig is OK but I want to step it up to a race setup.

Anybody got any ideas? Have Dremel tool, can modify.

They make a CR Speed holster for the XD. I think it is the same as the Glock one. I modded my 1911 CR holster to fit my M&P. Just removed the spacers and did a little dremel work. Here is a link to the post I made about it. Scroll down lots of pics.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88124

Edited by speedy169

That's a start.

CR Speed makes good stuff and a little tweaking to make one work is no big deal. Anybody else got a holster option?

Dug around and found that Blade-Tech has mag pouches for the XD. Checked on the Safariland site and nothing there. Anybody else got mag pouch options?

That's a start.

CR Speed makes good stuff and a little tweaking to make one work is no big deal. Anybody else got a holster option?

Dug around and found that Blade-Tech has mag pouches for the XD. Checked on the Safariland site and nothing there. Anybody else got mag pouch options?

CR Speed would be the race holster. I use Safariland mag pouches, ones marked for Beretta/Caspian will work. I use my SVI sized pouches with a little more tension also.

Rich

That's a start.

CR Speed would be the race holster. I use Safariland mag pouches, ones marked for Beretta/Caspian will work. I use my SVI sized pouches with a little more tension also.

Rich

+1

• 2 weeks later...
The CR holsters I have seen for the XD are not legal in Production. There are no race holsters in Prod.
Got a XD-40 Tact that was my Production gun and is now relagated to Limited-10.
Having shot Production for the last 3 seasons I'm well aware of the equipment restrictions. Just trying to get a safe queen to the range. Edited by Hank Ellis

Why do you want a race holster? I am extremely happy with my Ghost holster for my Open blaster but even happier with the Bladetech DOH I use for my XD-9 Tactical. If you think about the mechanics of your draw, the motion you use to extract the gun from the holster is the same whether it is a race holster or something like the DOH. The DOH has enough adjustability to position the grip where I want it. The DOH is less than half the price of my Ghost, is more secure and is just as fast (or slow in my case) as its racier brother. YMMV but I recommend just getting a DOH.

Edited by XD Niner

Why do you want a race holster. -snip- YMMV but I recommend just getting a DOH.
OK, all the cool kids have got one. The more I think about there is no real reason for me to switch holsters. Used a DOH with my single stack in L-10. Used another DOH when I switched to Production. I know how that one works. And what do I give up? A tenth or two maybe on the one time I draw in a stage. I've got a 100 other places to make up time than the draw.

That one is settled.

Mag pouches. So far there is Blade Tech and Safariland for the Beretta/Caspian. Any others?

I too use a CR Speed belt and mag pouches along with my DOH for my XD-9 Tactical.

I also don't believe that the DOH holster is any slower than my Ghost holster. My draw times are the same with both for close up targets. For longer targets the difference is in the time required to align the iron sights versus the dot.

Mag pouches. So far there is Blade Tech and Safariland for the Beretta/Caspian. Any others?
CR Speed for the pouches. Hank, you gonna be at EAPS Sunday? I've got a CR belt, holster & pouches set up for the XD.
Yes. I'll be there. Bring it, I'd like to try it. Thanks.

I too use a CR Speed belt and mag pouches along with my DOH for my XD-9 Tactical.

I also don't believe that the DOH holster is any slower than my Ghost holster. My draw times are the same with both for close up targets. For longer targets the difference is in the time required to align the iron sights versus the dot.

Now you got me looking at the Blade Tech holster online. But it seems to violate the "2 inch rule" for space between the butt of the gun and the inside of the belt or can you adjust that too? Sorry about the confusion of both myself and Hank asking nearly the same questions.

The Blade Tech DOH is legal in Production, Limited, and Limited-10. I remember somewhere that there was a specific ruling on the DOH meeting the 2" requirements. Either that or there are a whole bunch of people running the wrong holster. :lol:

The Blade Tech DOH is legal in Production, Limited, and Limited-10. I remember somewhere that there was a specific ruling on the DOH meeting the 2" requirements. Either that or there are a whole bunch of people running the wrong holster. :lol:

Ok thanks Hank... and Nik too! I guess I'll mosey on over to Blade Tech and order one of those things for my Tactical. <_<

• 2 months later...