Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pictures of Ready Tactical DOH?

Jay870

Does anyone have any pictures of the Ready Tactical DOH they could post? All I can find are on CPWSA and they don't really show much.

I am most interested seeing how the DOH "hanger" is designed...I have seen people have problems with the BT DOH hanger interfering with their thumb position on the draw stroke.

I have kind of a high waist / short torso and feel like I have to bring my hands waaay up on the draw stroke and think a DOH style holster might improve the angle at which I can come in on the gun.

Thanks.

I've got some DOH models by Ready Tac.......I'll get some pics and post them.

The Ready Tac totally eliminates any thumb cramping when gripping the gun.

That would be awesome. Thanks.

Jay....sorry for the delay in getting the pics posted. I just got this computer back with the memory card slot to be able to transfer photos. Hope you see what you need to see. I can say......I'll take one of these anyday over a BladeTech.

And yes.......the Ready Tactical DOH style holster meets all the criteria to be legal in USPSA production class.

post-8688-1248667091_thumb.jpg

post-8688-1248667104_thumb.jpg

post-8688-1248667114_thumb.jpg

post-8688-1248667122_thumb.jpg

post-8688-1248667133_thumb.jpg

I'm not saying it is The One but it is The One For Me.

I've used BladeTechs in the past and have always found them to sometimes bind and have too much contact on the gun. They just never felt near as smooth as I thought it should be. The REady Tactical is smooth.

The Ready Tactical holsters are just fast and I've never had one bind on the draw.

Fit and finish is also very clean and appealing.

Jay....sorry for the delay in getting the pics posted. I just got this computer back with the memory card slot to be able to transfer photos. Hope you see what you need to see. I can say......I'll take one of these anyday over a BladeTech.

And yes.......the Ready Tactical DOH style holster meets all the criteria to be legal in USPSA production class.

Shows me exactly what I needed to see and I have one on order.

I've been away from the computer for a few days myself so no problem at all. Thanks a lot for posting them!

• 1 month later...

I modified my BT DOH using black hard rubber faucet washers to eliminate the thumb problem. It moves the holster away from the hanger making room for your thumb. The holster is still within the maximum distance allowed from the belt. You may need to get some longer Chicago screws which are available at Home Depot or Lowe's. Hope this helps.

The Ready Tactical does not have the problem that the BladeTechs do with the thumb cramping. The Ready Tactical is a much slicker and faster holster than the BladeTech in my opinion. I've also had problems in the past of guns binding in the BladeTechs. Never have I had one bind in the Ready Tac.

My "thumb problem" is not the distance from the holster to the gun, it is the horizontal shelf that creates the offset, which is too far rearward on the gun and blocks my thumb from going where it wants to go. To solve that problem you would need to attach the holster to the belt hanger in a completely difference place, like race holsters do.

I just got them in the mail today- great service from CPWSA! The holster and pouches are great quality. I love the pouches.

My first impression of the holster is that I can get the gun out quicker with this than my CompTac. The draw feels smooth and somehow I can manage this without my thumb causing problems.

Question is- since it's offset, the bottom of the holster tends to move since nothing is keeping the offset from my leg. I don't think tightening the belt will really keep it out either. Do you guys just let it cant inward at the bottom.

I just leave mine as is.

Same here.

I ordered mine from CPWSA and got it within a week (i think a few days less than a week).

To the OP, it does help ALOT. Sounds like you have the same thumb issue with your Bladetech that I had. The Ready Tactical is much better in that regard.

In fact, I had taken to modding my bladetech DOH attachment and I still couldn't get it how I wanted. The Ready Tactical is the answer.

The draw is so smooth and quick to release on the RT that the way it leans the muzzle in towards your leg....as it is drawn it straightens up. Not a problem at all for me. I did take my heat gun and contour the belt slide portion to match the contour of my waist and that alone stiffened it up a ton. I've passed that feedback along to Chris Stewart at RT. He said he is gonna test that change and may implement it in the future.

In my opinion.....there is no faster kydex than the Ready Tac stuff. Very well made too.

He made me some prototype mag pouches for production that hold the spine of the mag against the belt and bullets facing away.....and let me tell you......they are fast. 6 of them also fit in a relatively small area of real estate on the belt. He is probably going to be offering these as an option very soon since they have turned out to work so well.

My "thumb problem" is not the distance from the holster to the gun, it is the horizontal shelf that creates the offset, which is too far rearward on the gun and blocks my thumb from going where it wants to go. To solve that problem you would need to attach the holster to the belt hanger in a completely difference place, like race holsters do.

I think you'd be surprised. The length of the shelf from the grip is what helps. I had the same thumb issue you had with the bladetech and the ready tactical is much better.

He made me some prototype mag pouches for production that hold the spine of the mag against the belt and bullets facing away.....and let me tell you......they are fast. 6 of them also fit in a relatively small area of real estate on the belt. He is probably going to be offering these as an option very soon since they have turned out to work so well.

Now that is interesting! I love the holster and the mag pouches they do now a lot!! Very good stuff.