Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who Needs A 1911

skeeter

joey as fast as this kid was you better grab both ankles and force him to hop :P

How about I just squeeze a little and snap his spindly little ankles? No, that would be wrong, I think. :lol:

what is so scary about bob(hey thats funny)is he's only been shooting ipsc since april. and his first classifcation was a 93.8 %master.and he's a nice guy to boot, damn him.

Yeah, it sucks when they're nice guys. It makes it a lot harder (but not impossible) to badmouth them! :P

Is he one of the naturals, or did he just practice religiously, or a combination of both?

Bob Vogel is an awesome shooter, from what i understand (spoke with him at length a few times after meeting him at the 2002 WV IDPA state match) a match which he won SSP Chamion... shooting an HK USP Expert.... in 45 with real ammo!!!!!! He had only shot a few other matches in IDPA and started that year!

He has always had a love for guns, like many of us, and spends a lot of time dry-firing and gun handling.

I've been on the shooting sceene for about 4 years now, and watching longer than that. he is VERY VERY natural he just put in some practice too. his planned profession was that of a police officer when last i spoke with him he should be on the job now.

He is a very genuine person to also...it makes these guys so hard to hate. :wacko: i suppose the rest of us are just jealous ( i know i am!!! :( )

I wonder how second and third would have done with a 1911?  B)

That's the real question . . .

Skeeter is awesome with his GreenGlock®, no question, but think how much harder he would kick a** when he's kicking a** with a, S_I gun with a long, heavy dustcover?

;)

Oh goodie. :D

The ASSumption that I love to break down.

I hear that muttered in my direction every now-and-then...the arguement that a shooter performs well with equipment X, think how good they would do with equipemnt Y.

Answer me this...

What can I do with an STI that I can't do with a Glock?

- Faster draw? NOPE

- Faster Reload? NOPE

- Faster splits? NOT LIKELY

- Faster Transitions? NOPE

- Take out a plate at 25y better? NOPE

- More Capacity? NO AGAIN

- Cost more? STI wins that one

- Break more? STI again.

Now..all of you he-man plastic haters...get outta the Glock section...or I shall taunt you a second time. :)

How about these:

Get a great trigger , Yep

Have a gun that doesn't KABOOM, Yep

Get mags that always fall out of their own accord, Yep

Have a gun that the frame doesn't flex when you fire it, Yep

Have a gun that is good looking, Yep, and the one I like best cause I found it in the Glock forum,

Have a gun that you can Peen the rails if you want, Yep

boy i wanted to stay out of this but...

better trigger well yes but big deal. any body thats ever seen jerry m. shoot a revolver should no that people make to much of a 2 pound trigger. and i've never seen a glock that doubled or went full auto.

KAboomes happen to any gun not feed right. the worst on i ever saw was a springfield .45 all i can say is thank God for shooting glass or a buddy would be blind.

mags that fall out? sorry this is a new one to me. mine come out just fine all the time. and never by accident by hitting the oversize mag release

and looks are in the eye blah blah. hell i paint mine so it's fun.

but for me it's about a gun that fits my hand and points where i aim it. runs great when feed good ammo didn't cost me 1200 plus dollars i still get hicaps for $50 now and again

Flex,are you shooting the desert classic next weekend? DOUG.

No...can't make it out there. I'd like to make it one day, but it is hard to justify the expense. About the most I can stretch my shooting budget is to try to make a Nationals, a few of the closer Major matches, and the locals.

TL,

"denial" ??

Please explain. If you want to dog on the plastic fantastic...back it up with some performance numbers. I am always open to more bang for the buck...I just haven't seen any evidence that I can do better with something other than the Glock.

skeeter

like your denile comments, very very funny.

Flex

everyone here knows I carry a Glock as my truck gun, what they don't know is that I carry it hoping someone will break in and steal it...I have sold all the old Glocks I did not like and have this one left. Couldn't sell it, so I carry it in the truck.

Lets move on...

My first love is 1911s. My overall favorite carry gun is the LW Commander- great size, great topping power. Kinda weak on capacity though....

My next favorite carry gun is a Glock 19. Its a tool. Its impervious to weather amd dirt. It doesn't get uglier from being dirty, its already ugly. But it works.

Now that I have added an aftermarket manual safety (GREAT product BTW) to make it more 1911 like (thats the manual of arms I'm more comfortable with, sorry), changed the sights to tritium Heinies, tuned the trigger (yes, this Glock has doubled before), put in a better recoil rod (I've broken 2 plastic ones over the years), and put skateboard tape on the grip, its the perfect carry gun. Great capacity, very concealable, relaible, and if I bang it up some I won't care.

Glock Perfection? Hardly, but it is one of the better options. ;)

Funny thing is that my G19 indexes well for me, no adjustment between my 1911 grip and the Glock grip to idex to same point - but a full size Glock does not. I can't shoot G17, G34, G22, etc worth a darn, for me they don't index "right" (read like a 1911).

Each to his own I say - Its kinda of narrow minded to only officially like 1911s OR Glocks.... they are both great weapons, in their own right. Why do you have to pick just one?

(sounds like a thread from GlockTalk, huh?) :rolleyes:

Ok answer this,

You are outside of a building, you are told there are an unknown number of bad guys inside that building and their location is also unknown. You are told to go over to the table and select from the following:

a Springfield Loaded 1911a1

a Kimber Classic Custom Series II

a Colt XSE

a H&K USP 45

a Sig 220

or a Glock 21

All are new in the box, never fired and come with the standard 10 round or 8 round factory mags. Your ammo choice is 230gr hollow points (you pick, Hydra Shok, Gold Dots, Golden Sabre).

What do you pick up and go with?

(Me, I am a 1911 guy, I carry it, I compete with it and love the gun, the shape, the feel, the look everything about it, hell it is all I own, of course it is my custom built Nowlin, but in this case I'm going through the door with the H&K, it would be my 1st choice, then Sig, then Glock, then the Colt....Wouldn't pick the other two.)

Under those circumstances, I'd grab the SiG until I had time to test fire one of the 1911s.

The G21 and USP are useless to me since I can't reach the triggers. I'd be better off taking my chances with the Kimber or Springfield.