Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

R/C Chopper

outerlimits

And to think that gun guys spend to much on their sport. I would be scared to know how much he has in that rig. I have a friend from high school who is in to that stuff and he has spent enough to buy a C5 vette. :surprise:

I had a friend who had a 1/24 scale turbine powered Apache. He mounted a Tokyo Marui AEG airsoft for the cannon and could aim with a laser and camera mounted to the front as well as take aerial video with it. Top Speed was about 120 mph. It was pretty sick. He crashed it taking video over Lake Guntersville and has yet to rebuild it. It was valued at $23k. He used to have some video of it on YouTube but I can no longer find it.

Very cool chopper! Check out this one I came across. The film is not sped up any. This kind of flying is done for stunt competions much like aerobatic planes. As for the B 52, that plane ran eight mini jet engines *yeah, REAL jet engines to the tune of about $5000 each* and it made several flights before crashing. The crash is also on film and on YouTube. Back in the 80s and 90s there used to be a HUGE remote controled fun fly in Iowa that for a time (until it pulled a ground desity test) hosted the largest flying RC plane. It was a B-29 sporting a 28 foot wingspan and four engines swinging three foot diameter props. I have tape of it somewhere around here before the day of impact.

Joe W.