Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Funnest Revo Match to Date!

snubby

I Would like to say Hats off to Mike Carmoney and the Tappe Boys and all of the RO's, and Sam on stats, for putting on the funnest match I have ever been to. Format was great, Stages where great and changing the squading each day gave everyone to shoot and meet just about everyone at the match.

Thanks again for a Great Match

Paul

Thanks Paul.

Sure had a blast shooting with you, Dave, Aaron, and Louis. How was the ride home? Did you get a bunch of smack from the boys? It was a tough ride for me from Tulsa a couple of weeks ago.

I wish I could reload as fast as Louis (maybe I could beat Craig and Phillip).

While fresh in your minds, now is a good time to offer criticisms of this match and suggestions for the next one. Should we ban thongs (or just Cliff)? Should we have a thong-only match? Should we hire pasters wearing only pasties (ever had one of those stuck to your tongue?)? Should the hot tub be filled with water or jello? Just some things to consider.

Glad you all had a great time. Can't wait to do it again.

Jay

WOW!!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!

That's how the last three days were. Good stages good company and a bunch of new friends.

My thanks to the staff at OOPS for putting up with us Michiganders for the past three days. Thanks to the Tappes and the ROs and Dr Dremmel (Carmoney).

Also want to thanks Sam at the stats shack.

Thanks every one.

Gary

Thanks Paul.

Sure had a blast shooting with you, Dave, Aaron, and Louis. How was the ride home? Did you get a bunch of smack from the boys? It was a tough ride for me from Tulsa a couple of weeks ago.

While fresh in your minds, now is a good time to offer criticisms of this match and suggestions for the next one. Should we ban thongs (or just Cliff)? Should we have a thong-only match? Should we hire pasters wearing only pasties (ever had one of those stuck to your tongue?)? Should the hot tub be filled with water or jello? Just some things to consider.

Jay

Every slam you could think of and then some. Had to stop and wash out the car it was getting to deep to see the road.

Paul

PS had to stop a DQ on the way home for some Ice Cream (Oh David says "that's Dairy Queen")

Yes, thanks to everyone who helped at the match with scoring, stats, setup, teardown ect.... It was a great match, great people and even the weather cooperated on sat. after a small delay.

Special thanks to Jay Tappe for opening up his personal range for us all to use and enjoy.

And to Mike for being the neutral arbitrater between Cliff and Tyler on their contract.

Now to get Tyler the therapy he needs after having to get in the hot tub right after Cliff was in there. :sick:

:rolleyes:

Great match had ;more fun than I have in years, met some really nice folks!!!

Cliff= well Im 65 years old and never laughed so hard in my life what a character!!

Jay Tappe and his boys are a pleasure to be around :bow:

Mike C just good people!!! and all that were involved =Thank you.

Revolver shooters are top of the line folks!

jim?Pa

Sailors

Thanks Paul.

Jay

Every slam you could think of and then some. Had to stop and wash out the car it was getting to deep to see the road.

Paul

PS had to stop a DQ on the way home for some Ice Cream (Oh David says "that's Dairy Queen")

Went to Dairy Queen

Had to stop for a moment of silence, for Dave, as I left the bathroom.

Gary

Thanks to everyone involved in this match for all the hard work that went into pulling it off. We had a great time!! Sarah needs to expand her trophy wall now. Steve really enjoyed taking Cliff's, Dennis's and Franco's cash. Great seeing old friends and meeting new ones and putting faces to fellow enos members. Hope to see you all again.

Sue, Steve and Sarah

This was a great time. Thanks to all who put it on, Mike, Jay, Craig (who's your daddy), Phillip, Sam, all the RO's and range workers.

I got to meet a lot of guys I have talked with on the forum. You just can't tell how awful these people really are until you meet them in the flesh.

Most importantly, I am no longer Carmoney's Bitch or Mitch or any other damn thing. You will all address me as King of Revo or your Majesty; I'll even allow Grand Pooba.

RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!

This was a great match for revo shooting. I gotta admit that my a$$ was dragging by the end of the third day.

Seeing those juniors posting scores beating some of the best adults was inspiring.

Thanks to all the volunteers who helped make the match a great success.

How do I Love thee?

1.Great match

2.Great Ranges

3.Great Stages

4.Professional acting RO's

5. Great Friends

What can I say? The only complaints I have were outside the control of the match personnel. 1 Rain and mud. (Act of God, Oh well!) 2. Brain Farts (mine, nobodies fault but my own.

Sarah, Great talking to you, Keep up your shooting and studies and you will go far.

Happy B-day Craig. You took us all to school.

Phillip, Keep it up and you will beat your dad and brother as well.

Cliff, Keep the thong/speedos/underwear etc. in your gun bag and out of sight, my eyes are still burning and I think I need to start therapy

Mike and the RO's, Jay & everybody was great.

We will be back

Dave

PS, For what it is worth I was more than 1 step over the line. I watched the video and it was sickening to watch as my perception was very different.

PSS. Thanks to Tom Manis for loaning a 625 to littleFFL and to Doug Carden for the use of the 617 on Friday It got quite a workout.

Edited by ffl

great time!.....been to all 3 of the OOPS affairs, and it's always been a class act. the match, that is....... the rest of the stuff will have to be judged by history, and the perpertrators(sp?) hung quickly and privately!......many thanks for all those that set this thing up, i don't think anybody had any complaints, except about those damn 4" plates........do the SS/Revo thing next time, just don't know how to get the steel match in with that concept. the steel match this time was great. the Tappe's range was about the nicest range i've been to yet, "field of dreams".......can't wait til' next time......

I would like to thank Mike for inviting me out to this match and Jay for having us at his awesome shooting range. Also thanks to all who did all the work and Cliff for the entertainment. It was great to finally meet you guys. Maybe next time I'll be able to stay for all the matches.

Thanks again for the great time.

DS-10 Dave

Jay

I would say leave out the range guns. While they are fun, they put some people at a disadvantage. The shots with the revolver on stage 4 were pretty much gimmies but if you dropped the gun out of the box you could get DQed. The shotgun on stage 1 was hard. I missed one of the tiny poppers on both days adding 5 seconds to my stage time. It would also have been real easy to break the 180 putting the gun in the barrel if you were at the front of the box.

I'm down with the thong only match. I think Doug Carden would look sexy.....

I would say leave out the range guns.

I would agree. The other thing that always bugs me is starting a stage doing the (pick your distance) yard dash to pick up your gun. Pretty well kills the stage for those that don't run well and strikes me as having absolutely nothing to do with shooting. But all in all a really nice match. No idea how you could improve the steel match unless you had "Hooters girls" painting the steel.

Edited by Tom E

I worried about those range guns myself. Fortunately, nobody got DQ'd handling one of them, and the guns worked flawlessly, so that helped. Both of those stages were designed by other volunteer members of our build crew, and we wanted to give them some latitude, but I do understand the concerns. On the other hand, it was kinda cool to incorporate some extra things into our "major match" that we would not have been able to do under strict USPSA guidelines, including the range guns.

Anyway, we're known for trying innovative stuff at our matches, and I'm sure we'll come up with some interesting (and different) twists next time!

Thanks for the input, and please keep it coming. We do want to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

100 yards?? yeah right! maybe 15 yards......

You guys would really be whining if we had made you run the woods stage. :devil:

Maybe we could have started it from out at the road. Really sort out the runners.