Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mika's Pocket Holsters

ist45

Hello, has anybody done online business with Mika's Pocket Holster or Mr. Robert Mika at this site? Does this holster maker have good online business reputation?

I ordered and paid for two holsters last March 26, 2009 and received an email from the maker informing me that I should expect my order within 8-12 weeks. It's been more than that time and I haven't heard from the maker. I sent two emails but have not been answered.

Any response would be appreciated...

Excellent reputation and products. I carry a J Frame in one of his pocket holsters. Good stuff.
+1

Same here. 4 years of daily carry of a J Frame in a pocket holster. Been hammered beyond what a holster should endure. Ain't real pretty but it works better than anything else I've tried.

I need to get a couple more from him just to stash away. Thanks for the reminder.

I ordered two holsters from him and after the due date came and no holsters I emailed him and reminded him of the due date. Told him that if I didn't have them by a certain date to cancel the orders. I received the holsters shortly afterwards. He is the police chief in the small town where he lives and doesn't have much time to devote to his business, I suspect.

It is kind of funny, before seeing this thread I had forgotten that I had ordered a Mika holster on February 17th. I haven't gotten it and haven't heard anything since.

Thanks for the reminder, just sent an e-mail to see what's up.

Thanks for the responses. I'm reassured I'm buying an excellent product.

BTW, just a few minutes ago, I received an email from Mr. Mika informing me that nothing is wrong with my order and he will be shipping it out next week.

I'll just have to wait for it.

Thanks for the responses. I'm reassured I'm buying an excellent product.

BTW, just a few minutes ago, I received an email from Mr. Mika informing me that nothing is wrong with my order and he will be shipping it out next week.

I'll just have to wait for it.

Glad to hear when yours is being shipped, I ordered mine on April 2nd. Hopefully it isn't too far behind!

I use his pocket holster too great product and good value. Ordered another months ago but have not seen it either. As I recall he does not run your credit card until shipped. Everybody is slow now, even El Paso is taking 4 months to deliver

Boats

I have had a Bob mika's holster for 2 years. I carry a Glock 27 in a pocket holster..also have a IWB holster..I would advise to get his phone no. from his website and phone him. He is also a police Chief and has alot of orders to fill. His work is 1ST Class.

I also ordered a pocket holster and paid $21.95 by paypal on March 7, got an immediate phone call from Robert Mika himself. What was promised as a 6-8 week delivery now has turned into 18 weeks and counting...

I sent two emails and received no reply. Complained to paypal and they sent me generic information on filing a complaint. I need to call him. If he is working 16 hour days, then he is getting further backed up. I would say NOT to take any more orders until he has cleared the backup.

Used to be you could order a holster without paying up front and if you liked it, you sent a check. That was four years ago.

My recommendation. DO NOT ORDER FROM MIKA's POCKET HOLSTERS!

Robert, are you monitoring this? Give me a call...

It is kind of funny, before seeing this thread I had forgotten that I had ordered a Mika holster on February 17th. I haven't gotten it and haven't heard anything since.

Thanks for the reminder, just sent an e-mail to see what's up.

In my case, my e-mail was responded to immediately followed by a shipping confirmation.

The Mika holsters are great and his customer service is awesome. That said....

I have a Mika pocket holster and a Kramer horsehide holster for my Airweight snubby. The only negative of the Mika holster (to me) is that it feels considerably bulkier in my pocket, especially in dress slacks. With the Kramer holster I forget I am carrying the gun and with the Mika holster there is always the sensation that is there. Big price difference between the two, I know. I use the Kramer almost 100% of the time.

Edited by baerburtchell

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered 2 holsters Jan 30th and have yet to receive them. No reply to 3 emails. I called him and he stated I should have my holsters in a week. That was 6 weeks ago. I don't get all the hype of excellent customer service- I haven't seen it. I guess it's an excellent holster, but I don't know if any holster is worth all this. I've got an Uncle Mike's and I'm not that crazy about it, but at least I've got it! 8-12 week estimated wait when I placed my order, and can't get any response at all from him. Know he's busy, but I think the customer service thing is way hyped, at least compared to previous years.

When I ordered 4/3/09, I got an email from Mr. Mika asking me if an 8-12 week wait was acceptable. I said sure. I contacted him at week 15 via email, he did reply the next day, he could not tell me when the black holster I ordered would be available. He said if I wanted to pick out a colored holster on his website, he would ship it the next day. I replied opting for a brown holster, 8 days have passed with no shipping notice, no holster, no communication. I will give it another week. I post if and when I receive my holster.

just an update. I got an email from Mr. Mika last July 8, 2009 telling me that he already had my order packaged and will ship it the following day. well, up to now, i have not received it.

i paid for my order March 26. it's been 4 long months.... :(

• 2 weeks later...

I finally received my holsters today. It was actually shipped July 8, 2009 as Mr. Mika promissed. In fairness to Mr. Mika, after I informed him two weeks ago that I still did not receive the package, he offered to resend me the holsters I ordered.

Edited by ist45

One I had on order came last week. Took longer than the first pocket holster I ordered several years ago. Great design well made and a good price too. It's a one man shop building to order. If someone wants fast or precise delivery times better to go to a factory operation that keeps stock on hand. All they have to do is wait for the boat to arrive from China.

If custom is what you want Mikas delivery times are about the same as other makers.

Boats

I received a holster from Mr. Mika today that was ordered 4/3/09. I had agreed to accept a brown holster instead of black in my original order. I sincerely believe he is an honest man, just overwhelmed!